Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Day of School

Wow, C is growing up. She had her first day of TK (transitional kindergarten) yesterday. We arrived at 9AM to a classroom of 16 kids, about 25 parents and 4 teachers. It was overwhelming for a second but we walked in and saw our other friend C (who's also staying at our house - another story) sitting at one of the tables when we walked in. C sat down and started to do a sand and glue project. C enjoyed using the orange and blue sand and she wanted to "spell" her name with the sand which we did. Then C picked up a sharpie and wrote her name, ALL BY HERSELF, on the plate. I had never seen her do that before and I didn't have to spell it or write if out for her to copy or anything. I was SO proud of her.





Then she went across the room to play with peg boards and rubber bands and boards.

She went into the other room where C and C went, by themselves, to the reading area and started flipping through books.

Then it was time for some playdoh.

And then circle time. Margie, her main teacher, played the guitar and the kids sang some songs.

And then we took a first day of school class photo.
Not all the kids wanted to be in it but most of them are in this shot. It's a really cute group of kids and the moms all seem nice too. I think (hope) it'll be a good year for C.

Today was the first full day. I got there late (don't get me started, I was going out of my mind) because it took me 17 minutes just to get to the freeway. Then only another 6 on the freeway but by then we were late. UGH. One of my pet peeves and sets me over the edge. We'll be leaving at 8AM every day to get there on time which will be a huge adjustment for C. And me too. But she had a great day. Her job this week is to feed the fish. She's partnered with a girl she can't remember her name. LOL. That's the beauty of making new friends.

Anyway, it's been a good, exciting, milestone week. New school, TK AND writing our name for the first time. Definitely a memory for the scrapbook.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, September 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol Im sure she will learn that girls name soon enough.Happy first day of school to C! And it takes you an hour to get to the school?

 
At 8:14 AM, September 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm so glad she likes it. It looks like a wonderful class and lots of activity stations. Can't wait to see the layout!

And oh, I'm sorry about the commute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home