10 Places I Want to Travel to
I saw this on Amber's blog and apparently it's referred to as "a meme".a meme n (mëm): is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog,
like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs.
So here goes my attempt. I've been lucky enough to travel to MANY places around the world. A lot for work which is nice so it's on someone else's plane ticket. I've done the backpack thing through Europe, I've been to Israel, Japan, Tahiti, 6 cruises to Mexico and the Caribbean, Hawaii, South Africa and a few off the beaten path places like New Caledonia, Cyprus, Namibia and Tasmania. But there are still quite a few places I'd like to go or go back to. Not in any particular order...
1 - Australia. Anyone who knows me, knows this is a no brainer. I've been there 7 times and if I could move there I could. Two of my closest friends live in Sydney and it's the best city in the world, IMO. But there are other places I'd like to see. I'd love to see Ayers Rock, the other half of Tasmania we didn't see on our honeymoon, Melbourne, more of the Barrier Reef. One day, we'll all go back. While I'm in that neck of the world, I need to go to New Zealand.
2 - Greece. Gregg went right before we got together and it look beyond spectacular. Gorgeous blue skies, white buildings. Stunning.
3 - Copenhagen, Denmark. Not sure exactly why, but I'd really like to see Scandinavia. Norway and Sweden too.
4 - Alaska. I really want to do an Alaskan cruise.
5 - Russia. I know, a bit of a scary country but it still seems fascinating to me.
6 - Any Olympics city. It's always been my dream to work on the Olympics. I know they're hell to work on but I think it's an experience that everyone needs to do. Figuring that I'll never actually achieve that goal, I really want to go to one. We talked about going to Turin, Italy next year but that doesn't seem so feasible with a 3 year old and if I'm hopefully pregnant. So we're shooting for the winter Olympics in Vancouver in 2010. I prefer winter sports than the summer sports if given a choice.
7 - China. Want to see the Great Wall of China.
8 - Italy. Been there twice. What a beautiful country and it's impossible to have a bad meal. I would like to go more towards the south where it's more resort-y.
9 - Turks & Caicos. I know someone that used to live on one of those islands and all I've heard is how amazingly blue, clear, gorgeous it is. That's an island I'd love to veg out on with an umbrella drink.
10 - Hmmm, thinking. Maybe Provo for some good LSS shopping!!!
Okay, who's next? Where do you dream of going??
Here's a shot of our toes in Sydney on our honeymoon...

Here's a picture of us in Cyprus in 2000. This was a few months before we got together but we were already good friends.





1 Comments:
You have been to Sydney! You lucky girl!!! Thats my No 1!!!! One of these days!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home