Friday, September 14, 2007

Glub Glub

That's me still drowning but I'm slowly making my way up to the surface. For awhile there, to quote my friends M & S, it was "all tunnel - no light". That might make a good t-shirt slogan. It's quite appropriate. Anyway, a few more days and then I'll feel like I can breathe and have some semblance of a life back.

We're in the final two for "Big Brother 8" with the winner being crowned on Tuesday. The Donatos have taken over the hamster world. Love 'em or hate 'em, they've been good TV, the show's ratings have been up and the demographics have been huge. Just what the network wants so I'd venture to say that it's looking solid for a BB9 for next summer. Hey, it's work for me so that's nice and you can't knock the shows that you can count on year after year. That's one of the nice things about freelance and actually makes work feel "regular" when you know there are certain shows you can count on. Other than that, I couldn't care less which one of the "Evels" wins. Both have legitimate "anti-vote" arguments. I would think that Daniele will win since she actually played the game unlike her abusive, riding on the coattails Dad. But she's also a manipulative bee-otch and the jury could vote for Dick just to spite her. They're both awful humans. I hope Nick realizes what an immature, self-centered brat Dani is and how she sulks when she doesn't get her way. Since the other boyfriend is long gone, he should run for the hill fast too.

I start some DGA work tomorrow. We're starting in with the national contract negotiations and I was named to the negotiations committee so our first meeting is tomorrow. There's like 50 people from all the different categories represented. I'm sure I'll be intimidated by the whole process but I'll definitely learn alot. And hopefully some of that knowledge will help me when we get to the National Board stuff starting in January.

C is loving school which is great. I'm looking forward to being done with all this work so I can actually get involved. I'm feeling very separated from the whole process. It's hard to get into the groove when I'm not there.

And I'm looking forward to just catching up with everything and everyone. I need to do some serious cleaning and purging. I need a massage desperately. I need to be social and see some of my friends who I haven't seen in months because I haven't had time. What a pathetic friend I am. And the fall season starts next week and I still have a few random episodes from last season to watch. I really want to take a nap. 4 more days...

3 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, September 15, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

I have quite enjoyed BB this season, and I think it's all because of you. YOU created awesome TV, way to go!

I don't care which of them wins either, but I actually think Dick's meanness is less irritating than Dani's whining. She is a spoiled brat.

 
At 8:54 AM, September 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there - you're doing great!

I want Dick to win, because I feel sorry for him having to put up with Danielle. If he wins, I'm sure he'll share with her, but if she wins, I doubt she'll share with him.

 
At 12:00 PM, September 15, 2007, Blogger Irete's Retreat said...

It's a love/hate with D & D but I hope they spite her and pick him. Did you notice how every time Daniele started a sentence with "Honestly,..." she never was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home