Hitting the links
After about 5 months of golf lessons, I finally went out on the golf course for the first time today. G and I went to a 9 hole course in Van Nuys. It was a par 30 and I think I hit around 70 (okay, not quite but close). I enjoyed it in spite of my severe frustration with myself. I don't quite understand how I can hit the ball on the driving range and then not on the course. That does not compute to me. The one thing I can say for myself is that once I actually hit the ball properly, at least it goes straight. I know I need to work on my short game (pitching and putting) but I was hoping I'd do a little better with the tee shots. Ugh. I guess it's like skiing and I just need to keep taking lessons. I don't expect to be the next Anika Sorenstam but I was hoping for a little better. I know it's a frustrating sport and clearly I am one with a short fuse. Not something to be proud of but hey, it's the truth. Off to the next lesson on Tuesday. Here are a few shots. Too bad none of them were on the green. Although I did do ok on the 9th hole. I made a 5 on a par 3 which should've been 4 but I completely whiffed the putt. Doh! (that last sentence was edited because I clearly don't know my golf terminology. G corrected me)





2 Comments:
Check you out! That is so cool! I heard golf is addicting. I know a few people who play but for me I think Ill stick to miniature golf lol
Look at Juls playing some golf! That's great! Troy is a 1 handicap, so I try to play too. I'm not good, but I love playing couples league with him... I don't have to hit much!
Lisa A.
Post a Comment
<< Home