Sunday, September 04, 2005

Being Grateful

Lisa made a list of 10 things she's grateful for. I'm not sure that I'll make an exact list of 10 but here's my list.

I'm grateful that I have the best husband in the world. He's my best friend, my lover, my best supporter, my shoulder to cry on, the father of our gorgeous daughter. I never thought that I would find someone who matches me so well and puts up with my crap and loves me more and more every single day, as I love him more every single day. We started late in our lives (late 30's) but it's been so worth the wait and every day has been the greatest blessing in my life.

I'm beyond grateful that we have a beautiful, smart, funny, healthy daughter. I always wanted to be a mom. The fact that I started that late too makes her even more special and so much more appreciated. I'm praying that the next few months of medical things I have to go through, will bring Carly a sibling, but if not, she needs to know how much I love her and how much she means to me. I love her (and her Dad) more than anything. As I am about to start the MDA Telethon marathon, where I see children Carly's age struggling to walk, I am especially thankful and grateful that my gorgeous, precious daughter is of strong mind and body and nothing stops her.

I'm thankful that I have family nearby and they're all healthy. I'm very close to my parents and speak with them every day. Within that family, we're lucky that Carly has grandparents and an Aunt who are all physically close to us and just adore her beyond imagination. Uncle Gary is in Sacramento and loves his little niece and now that she's getting older, she's not so fragile. We all know he'd do anything for her too. I'm also thankful that Carly has two Fairy Godmothers who just adore her too. I love you Auntie Deb and Auntie Marla.

I'm most grateful to have some of the best people in the world for friends. My best friend Marla I've known since Junior High School. Caz and Chapin in Australia are also my closest friends. In spite of the distance, I know that they're there for me as I am for them at any time. Time change means nothing to us. I consider myself so lucky that in the last year, I've become friends with a group of women that I've met through my scrapbooking habit. The Foxy Croppers are an amazing, fun and creative. I don't think I can get through a day without speaking to Lisa or Paula and pretty much every other day I speak to Ginger and Kari. I love you girls more than you know.

After the devastation from Hurricane Katrina this past week, I'm grateful to have a beautiful, if not a little messy, house. Two wacky dogs who I just adore. I've got a car to drive, a backyard and pool to relax in. I love my house.

I'm glad I have a flexible job that I enjoy. I enjoy being an Associate Director. I love working on live TV. I'm lucky that most of the people I choose to work with are nice, fun and funny and they make even the longest day enjoyable. We do laugh a lot even when dealing with the insanity. But I love that my job isn't full time so that I can be with Carly as much as possible, even though she's really missing us during this Telethon week.

I'm glad I also have this little place in my little world to get some of these thoughts and feelings down and remembered.

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger Sybille, Jeremy & Dylan Moen said...

Love your list!!! Isn't it amazing how many cool things we have going on in our lives once we start listing them and becoming aware of them!!! Hugs, Syb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home