Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Hanukkah - Day 3 & 4

Well, I've had a shitty day today. I feel like crap. Sad and depressed. Then I get into this deep discussion with my sister about what's been going on. It's good to get some of this out but it's only been a capper on a horrible "feeling sorry for myself" day. I'll get over it. I'm tired on top of all of this. Too much on my mind for me to sleep well at night. No work on the horizon, thus no money to pay for my bad SB habits, not pregnant, bla bla bla, It goes on and on.

A lot of my Foxy friends are doing goal lists for 2006. My mind really isn't in the right frame to work on this. I can't even think of one thing to set for a goal. Okay one. I need to lose at least 10 pounds. I will do that after the first. Other than that, what? Get work is maybe another one. Save enough money for a digital SLR. Scrap more. Hey! I'm coming up with a list. What do you know?? I'll keep thinking and maybe I'll get to 10 like everyone else.

The Hanukkah report. Day 3 - we went to Micah's house (a boy from Carly's class) for a big Hanukkah party. There were about 40 people there. Mary Ann made yummy homemade latkahs. Carly had a bit of a run in with one little boy who apparently hit her but we were in the other room and didn't see it and she didn't know which kid it was. At least, it wasn't one of her friends. She was fine (although she came into the living room a little upset and needed a cuddle) even though she didn't tell us what happened until we got home. Again, she was fine but just needed to tell us. Anyway, each kid got a book on their way out. Carly got "Curious George at the Parade" which she loves. Last night's presents included a little purse from Alan and Marie, a bracelet with her name on it from Sondra and a Belle watch and Princess book & CD player from us.

Tonight, Day 4 - Big night in the world of Hanukkah. Presents from Grandma Gail. She got a Princess long sleeved shirt. A top and pants from Naartje and a big playground toy set with about a billion small pieces that are sure to be lost by the end of the week. Carly also got two little knitted bears from Aunt Sondra and a shirt (size 6-7, huh?) from the Gap. Cute but many years from fitting. Off to the mall on that one. The piece de risistance? A Cinderella bike!!! We spotted it in Costco about a month ago and voila, it's hers. She's actually a little small for it but only barely. The look on her face was priceless. Her hands went above her head, a huge smile and "WOW!".

As promised, finally, here are some Hanukkah pictures. Enjoy!



1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, December 29, 2005, Blogger Erin Cookmeyer said...

Sorry to hear about everything you are going through. The pictures of Carly are adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home