6 Idiosyncracies
Lisa tagged me (who was tagged from Colleen) to come up with 6 idiosyncrasies. I’m sure I can come up with about a million (and I’m sure there are those of you out there who can name a few as well).idiosyncrasy (noun)
Pronunciation: "i-dE-&-'si[ng]-kr&-sE
Definition: 1 a : a peculiarity of constitution or temperament : an individualizing characteristic or quality b : individual hypersensitiveness (as to a drug or food)
2 : characteristic peculiarity (as of temperament);
broadly : ECCENTRICITY
Hopefully, you won’t think of me as eccentric. Maybe you do. I don’t know. Anyway, here’s my list.
1 - I cannot sleep in an unmade bed. Not sure where that came from but I have to make the bed every day (yes in the morning when I wake up). If I take a nap or someone else makes the bed and it’s not neat enough, I’ll straighten it out before I crawl under the covers. On a related bedding topic, whenever I sleep, I have to have covers on me. Even if I’m taking a nap in the middle of summer, I’ll be cuddled under a blanket.
2 - As we many of you know, I play the flute and most of you probably don’t know (except for Irene) that I’m a very lazy practicer. I will practice when a piece is challenging but lately, I only practice when absolutely necessary. That being said, when I finally decide to actually focus, pull out my flutes, my music and play, I cannot be interrupted. If the phone rings, whether I pick it up or not, I get really agitated. I guess I finally feel like “Hey, I’m practicing! Leave me alone!”
3 - I can’t drive my car with less than a quarter of a tank of gas in it. I’ve never run out of gas so it’s not like I’ve ever been stranded and I know even with a quarter tank left, there’s plenty of gas to get me where I need to go (or the next gas station) but anything below that line freaks me out.
4 - I HATE MICE (and rats). No real traumatic experience but they just give me the willies like you wouldn’t believe. Last year, we had some visitors in our garage thanks to some dog bones being stored. When we discovered the guilty parties, G called the exterminators and put out some rat traps. Once we removed the food, they lost their source and left the garage but he had to be the first one in the garage every morning in case there were any surprises. And while we’re on the topic, if I ever found one in the house, I’d simply move.
5 - I’m a gadget girl. I guess I am my Dad’s girl but I’m pretty good electronically, and generally interested in the latest and greatest gadgets. I’m also the remote hog of the family. I’m the one who knows how to program it, faster on flipping the channels and buttons, etc.
6 - I don’t like leftovers. Again, no real traumatic moment to make me not eat something a second time but I think I must like to vary my tastes. So, eating the same thing for two days (save for cold pizza) just doesn’t interest me. Yes, I know in many cases that food can almost be better the second day when all the flavors have really sunk in but somehow, with rare exception, eating leftovers isn’t thrilling to me.
Okay, that should pretty much do it. I was going to list that “spelling counts” in my book but then I realized that was more of a pet peeve than an idiosyncracy. It needs to apply to me more and generally I consider myself a good speller so it didn’t count. I’m sure I have more idiosyncracies and perhaps I’ll update when I can come up with more in depth ones. In the meantime, I tag Wendy, Sonia, Irene.





2 Comments:
I'm beginning to think you are my OTHER long lost twin sister!! I'm like that on gas too. Drives B batty.... I'll nag and nag even when he's driving!!
ok - off to play...
okay, on that leftover thing... maybe it's cause Mom never fed us any. I can't eat them either.
Post a Comment
<< Home