1 down, 9 to go
For those of you who actually read this little speck of blogdom and remember anything that I said (has there been anything worthy of taking up grey matter?), I mentioned that I wanted to read 10 books this year. My mother, sister and Irene are laughing their butts of since they're avid readers and get through multiple books per week. Well, while I enjoy, I've never been a great reader. When I go on holiday, I can get through 3 books in a week but I haven't been on a vacation in over 2 years so, you get the picture. Anyway, while I finished "Scrap Everything" in 2 days the week between Christmas and New Years, I'm not counting that because it was read before the 1st of the year. (the book was ok) Last night I finished "Little Children" by Tom Perrotta. Yes, it's the current movie starring Kate Winslet and Jackie Early Haley (of "Bad News Bears" fame) who could both be nominated for an Oscar if you believe the buzz. Haven't seen the movie and probably won't at the rate I'm going, but darn it I read the book. I liked it. It's not exactly a happy story about a SAHM and SAHD who have an affair and there are lots of other story offshoots but I enjoyed it. So yeah, I would recommend it.Next on my list, is "Wicked". As obsessed as I am about the Broadway show and I'm seeing it again in March, I haven't gotten around to reading the book. I know a bunch of my friends (Bucket, Yez) have read it and said it's great so now it's my turn. I'm on page 12. Review to come. Got a pile of books by my bed that I'm determined to finish. I'm actually excited about it.
So 1 down, 9 to go.
Next topic, went to dinner tonight with Alan and Marie (FIL and his wife). Had a lovely time. Miss C wanted to take photos. What else is new? So here are the two snaps she took tonight. And she's finally figured out how to turn the knob to the review setting to check them out herself. Annie Liebowitz, watch out.
And one more thing of local interest. Who out there is a fan of "Ugly Betty"? Well, I'm a huge fan. Anyway, I was half (if that much) watching the Golden Globes last night in which "Ugly Betty" and its' star America Ferrera both won. Yay for everyone. Well, it turns out that America Ferrera is a local girl. I was driving past George E. Hale Middle School today (our local school where C may go one day) and the marqee said "Congrats Hale Alum America Ferrera Golden Globe win". Turns out she went to El Camino Real High School as well which is even closer to my house. So real local girl does good. Cool dontcha think? Good for you America! You deserve it!
Labels: books, Ugly Betty, Wicked





3 Comments:
Good for you, Julie! "Wicked" is pretty good, but I can't give it the rining endorsement everyone else does. Anyway, here's to nine more!
I have Wicked too and keep loaning it out, haven't finished it myself yet!
We read Little Children last year for our book club, I liked it, looking forward to seeing the movie.
My stack is very tall also, one of these days!!!! *sigh*
D and I LOVE "Ugly Betty"!! Was so glad she won! and she looked totally cute too! and let me know when the first 10 are done,I can give you lots of good book suggestions.
Post a Comment
<< Home