Friday, June 08, 2007

2006-07 Stanley Cup Champions

Well, as predicted the Anaheim Ducks won the Stanley Cup on Wednesday night. While I’m a true Kings fan, I have to give props to the Ducks. They played well the entire playoffs and were nothing but steady in the Finals. They made it look easy. And, as expected, Ottawa imploded. You never knew which team would show up and it shouldn’t be that unpredictable in the Finals. It’s the first Stanley Cup for a team from California. It only took the Ducks 14 years to become champions. The Kings, well, it’s been 40 years and we pretty much have nothing to show for it except for one playoff run in 1993. It’s going to be a long time before the Kings are contenders and hopefully, the Ducks success will embarrass the Kings organization into doing *something* to make the Kings worthwhile. Then again, maybe not. This is not an ownership that’s even interested, much less committed, to winning. It’s too bad since the Kings really do have a really loyal fan base. Way better than the ownership deserves. But I digress…

So congrats to the Anaheim Ducks. Well deserved. Nice to see a few players like Teemu Selanne, Jean-Sebastian Giguere, Sean O’Donnell (former King) and Rob Niedermeyer get their chance to lift the Cup. I won’t become a Ducks fan but I have great respect for the great job they’ve done all year.


The team photo. I always like this shot.

Teemu Selanne. He might retire and it certainly would be a perfect finish to a HOF career.



A really cool photo I found of Rob Niedermeyer from the Detroit series.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, June 09, 2007, Blogger Irene Palma said...

I wondered when you were going to comment on this! I don't know anything about hockey but I always think about you when I hear it talked about in the news or on the radio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home