It's about time too...
I *FINALLY* finished reading "Wicked". Remember, way back at the first of the year I had the goal of reading 10 books this year. I know not a big goal for some but for me, something to start with. I whipped through the first book of the year (the title escapes me right now) and then started the much anticipated reading of my beloved show "Wicked". Well, almots 5 months later, I finished the darn thing. It wasn't that the book wasn't interesting, it was (mostly) but it definitely was a dense story. In many ways, it was nothing like the musical. That's not unusual when you read a book and the movie is different, but the book to this musical is really different. Different in tone, different is storylines stuff like that. It took about halfway through for it to become a page turner for me and then, still, I didn't read it so quickly. I'm glad I read it. I needed to read the book to fulfill my overall "Wicked" obsession, but didn't love the book like I love the musical and know every word by heart.On to the next. I'm now reading a book written by a friend called "The Ultimate Reality Show" by Clay Jacobsen. He's a director I've known and worked with for about 15 years. Really nice guy and this is, I think, his 5th book. He's a Christian writer and yes, I'm Jewish and have found all his books really terrific stories and the religion part not too over the top for those who aren't of the Christian persuasion. After the darkness of "Wicked", I needed a book that I knew I could just enjoy, page turn and get through quickly and easily. I just started it but it's kicks right in and I'm liking it so far. I'll post when I'm done.
I'm hoping to join in a book club that the mom's at school are starting. Really casual every 8 weeks or so but it'll be a good push to read more and hey, get out of the house for myself every once in awhile right? I've got a pile of books by my bed that I want to read so hopefully this will motivate me to keep plugging along and make that pile smaller.
Happy Mother's Day one and all! Especially to my sister who's celebrating her FIRST Mother's Day. Very special indeed!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home