Thursday, July 19, 2007

Some Kind Of Wonderful

So C is a big fan of Hi-5. We discovered them about 6 months ago and have been watching and taping the show ever since. We went to see them at the LA Times Festival of Books and we're going to see them in concert next month. We're all very excited. So they performed on "Regis and Kelly" this morning and of course, I Tivo'd it. We crawl into bed tonight and I pop it on.

They first sang "Some Kind of Wonderful" and it was perhaps the worst directed performance I've ever seen on TV, but I digress. Anyway, C sits there and sings all the lyrics. She's telling me who is who in the group. There's a commercial break and they sing "Superhero" which, again, she sings every word. C also tells me that this is one of the songs that Hi-5 sang when we went to see them at the book fair. You could've knocked me over not that she remembered seeing them but that the saw them at the book fair. Impressive.

So she wants to watch it again. I rewind the Tivo and she says she wants to dance. So C proceeds to stand up on the bed, sing the songs and do all the dance moves. She was having a great time. It was so darn cute and so darn special. She's truly growing up and it's so much fun to see her really understand and enjoy things in life.

This version of "Some Kind of Wonderful" is on youtube. Someone posted it from some concert and honestly, it's better camera work than I saw this morning. I hoping Hi-5 can be booked for the Telethon. I know a 4 year old that would implode on the spot. Hope you enjoy this video. C certainly did when she saw it.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, July 24, 2007, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Wish you would have invited us to go with you...Hi-5 has been Cammy's favorite for about a year now. Looks like they replaced two of the originials though.

 
At 11:27 AM, July 26, 2007, Blogger Chicky said...

My boys LOVE Hi-5...evn my 2 year old can manage some of the lyrics and dance moves...they provide us with lots of singing on long car rides!!

...there's nothing quite like chatty feet, chatty feet, chatty feet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home