Monday, June 25, 2007

Reality TV Junkie

Many of you know that I work on "Big Brother". This is my 3rd season and BB8 is going to be another summer of fun. Lots of good twists are in store and I walked through the house today. The decor theme is Alice in Wonderland and it's very colorful. I'll tell you more after the move in this weekend. I'm hoping to walk through the house again on Wednesday and hopefully take some photos. I did that for BB6 and that was way cool especially since once the houseguests move in, only certain people actually go into the house. The one thing I plan on doing this season is going up to MCR (master control) and watch the taping of the house cameras once everything is up and running. I just never wanted to bother them while they were working the past 2 years. Isn't that sad? Considering I've been on the show for 2 full seasons, it's so strange that there's a whole huge element of the show that happens and they don't even know who I am and vice-versa. But yet, it's so cool. G has worked on the sequester house/jury shoot the last two years and he knows more of that personnel than I do. LOL.

Another fun, weird thing about being at BB is that it's like summer camp. Once again, I show up today and say hi to all the wonderful people who work on the show and it's like I saw them yesterday. Literally. A few, very few, faces have changed. Many have been there longer than I have. Almost everyone is at their same desks as last year (including me and the director) so it's almost exactly the same, we pick up conversations about the show or competitions just like we did for "last week's show" and yet a year has passed. It's kind of freaky. But it's a great way to spend my summer. Oh, and for those who are BB junkies, Showtime will be broadcasting 3 hours of life in the BB house starting at midnight on ShooToo (one of their channels) uncensored. Could be interesting.

Speaking of reality shows. I'm quite the reality junkie. I love "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race". I admit to watching "The Bachelor" 'cause it's kind of like watching a traffic accident. "American Idol" is not reality, it's variety so that doesn't count. I did get hooked on "Project Runway" at the end of the last season. My friend D told me about "Top Chef" the other day so I watched the first two episodes, thanks to the g-dsend of Tivo. What a fun show. And thankfully, there's not much TV to watch over the summer so I'm hooked on this one. I wasn't sure how interesting watching people cook would be or what the tension would be if they "plate" on time, but it's great. I did bad television last year called "Celebrity Cooking Showdown" and the cooking part was fun to watch as was the plating of the dish. The rest of the show was completely ill-conceived but that's another post. Anyway, I'm in. "Top Chef" is fun.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, June 26, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

I'm a total junkie for Top Chef, it's one of my favs, probably my top fav reality show after Amazing Race.

And, OF COURSE, I will be watching BB!!! That's just a given!

 
At 4:04 PM, June 28, 2007, Blogger Irete's Retreat said...

Been a Top Chef and Project Runway fan from the start! Also like Hell's Kitchen - although it's brutal!! Thank goodness for at least some new TV during the summer!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home