Sunday, July 01, 2007

Move in Day


The houseguests are in the Big Brother 8 house. All moved in and getting to know each other, enemies and all. Interesting group this year. Many of them cast based on their looks. Hopefully one or two of them will have a brain in their head to make it fun and interesting. The rivalries could be fun although I think initially it'll be the 11 houseguests versus the 3 who were watching up in the HOH until they were revealed. I've placed my bets on who I think will win in one office pool and I need to get my vote into another one. These are the silly things that keep us entertained for the summer.

We wrapped our studio taping around 10:45P tonight and that was good. There was still a big reveal that needed to happen and I waned to see the houseguests reactions. I went up to Master Control (MCR) to see what was going on. This is my third season on Big Brother and this was the first time I went into the MCR while the show was going on. They're working and I didn't want to bother them. I did get the grand tour when I first started but never went up again, like I said, because they're all working in there. MCR is the absolute hub of the BB industrial complex. That's where ALL the cameras can be seen, where the two teams of switchers/audio/story editors/loggers etc live, breathe and direct what gets recorded in the Big Brother house. It's a ginormous monitor wall, two complete teams of people working on the two feeds, plus 7 camera operators. I'll go back again and take a picture. It's amazing in there.

I also went into the "Big Brother" booth where one of the producers was interviewing the houseguests for their first Diary Room interviews. Funny to see them, hear them talking to the producer, learning who makes for good sound bites and who sounds like an idiot when they speak.

Tony, one of the house directors, also took me into the camera cross. This is the outer ring around the perimeter of the entire house. This is where the cameras roam around, look through those one way windows and shoot the goings on in the house. It's completely black, anyone in there must wear black and except for some neon tape with arrows, it's like a maze. I know they all know their way around in there but I'm not quite as familiar. I've been in the cross before but never when the houseguests were in the house. It's so weird to see them just doing their thing and I'm about 10 feet away looking at them through a window and they have no idea I'm in there.

Anyway, it was a fun night. VERY crazy to get all those elements correct getting the houseguests into the house, having them play their first HOH game and we had never really had a fully operational rehearsal of that game and them spending 2 hours watching in the MCR. I definitely won't be so shy. There are SO many people that work on this show that I have no idea who they are. Remember, it's a 24/7 show. When G directed some of the jury house stuff two years ago and then went to the wrap party with me, he knew people that I had never met and he was only working for 3 days but they're part of the house camera crew and I do the live show. It's just a fun place to work and technically, the most amazing set up I've ever seen so to see it up and running, perfectly, is just beyond words.

It's going to be another fun summer in the BB house!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, July 02, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

Can't wait to read your insider recaps all summer long!

 
At 12:38 AM, July 09, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Juls,
I was wondering if you were working BB this year! Yay! I can't wait to read your blogs for updates! :)

 
At 5:12 PM, July 09, 2007, Blogger Erin M said...

i love big brother. I am here via sunshine... can ya'll please poke them with sticks or give em all speed cause it seems kinda snooze-o-rama so far

 

Post a Comment

<< Home