Friday, September 28, 2007

She's Alive

I know it barely seems that way. To me too. I've been wanting to post for awhile and even have something to blog but haven't had time to download the pictures. I've got some serious catching up to do.

Mostly, I've been trying to catch up with my life and friends. Actually trying to be a little social. Buying off my friends with Starbucks and chocolate chip cookies to remind them to like me. Trying to get into the swing of things at C's school. It's nice to be there for drop off AND pick up. She's so loving it there. In fact, on Wednesday we were in the drop off line and I usually park and walk her in. I asked if she wanted to be dropped off and she said enthusiastically "YEAH!". So I pulled over, unbuckled the carseat and one of her teachers was there to great her. Got a quick hug and she ran out of the car. Can't ask for anything more than having your kid run into school.

Tazzie the wonder dog, aka Houdini, is still finding a way to escape from the backyard. This has been going on for about a month now. In the past, we've been able to find her escape route. Not this time. She's quite stealth. For those that don't know, this is a dog that has climbed trees 5 feet in the air to get over a chainlink fence. Crawled under said chainlink fence to get into Hidden Hills. That's happened lots of times. She's jumped over our side wall into the neighbor's yard countless times. Now she's getting out and going down the street or something. We don't really know. The only good thing (is there a good thing when your dog constantly escapes?) is that Tazzie is ridiculously smart. This is a dog that talks to you. She's got something to say all the time. That being said, she knows how to get home. Don't know where she goes but after about an hour or so, she's on the front doorstep. She either barks, Keely (the other dog) hears her and starts whining or several times now, Gregg's driven in the driveway and she's walked right into the garage.

I remember one time when both dogs escaped and C was less than a year old. I had been driving around the neighborhood looking for them. Went to the guard gate at Hidden Hills and asked if they'd seen two dogs. At about 7PM one night, I got a call from them saying they saw two dogs. They had been gone pretty much all day at this point. I threw C into the car and started driving around and after about 20 minutes, gave up and came home. I'm then rocking C to sleep when I hear barking at the front door. I run downstairs and there they both are, dirty and tired but "Hi, we're home."

Nowadays, Keely would never leave. She's a big love dog and is the type that you could walk without a leash, take to work and she'd lay by your feet all day and be perfectly happy. She won't follow Tazzie on her walkabouts. Houdini on the other hand, clearly has some ulterior motive. It's that Australian cattledog in her that feels the need to wander around the outback. She's so not happy when we leave her in house now when we go out. But gee, TFB dog.

Since C has only been in school 8 days this month, thanks to the gaggle of Jewish holidays, we went bowling today with our friends J & C. The kids had a great time and so did me and G. The local bowling alley isn't quite as modern as Vegas. It's half the size (which makes no difference as long as there's room right?) but for the kids they have the pullup bumpers. That's great. But in Vegas, they could program when it was the kid's turn so that it would go up and down and be clear for the adults. Here, they're up all the time or down all the time. Anyway, I bowled my best game ever. I bowled a 159! I got 5 strikes and a spare! Holy Cow! I was having a bad day so this perked me up. It was very fun and I was proud of myself. Then again, it was just dumb luck.

More to come, I promise. (as if anyone cares at this point. Is this thing on??)

4 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, September 29, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

159! A very excellent score! You gonna drop the producer gig and go pro???

 
At 3:00 PM, September 29, 2007, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Cookies and Starbucks... cookies and Starbucks... Gotta write that tip down...

 
At 8:55 PM, October 01, 2007, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Hey, welcome back to the world!! I did so enjoy our coffee...we need to do it more often!

 
At 8:48 AM, October 02, 2007, Blogger SarahB said...

Kid and dog stories, can't ever run out of those! I've been bad about posting on my blog too, but it's great you are taking the plunge back in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home