Friday, October 12, 2007

Yeah, I'm still here

We went to San Diego last weekend for some actual (are you sitting down?) family time. We went to Legoland on Friday and Sea World on Saturday. We LOVED Legoland and went on pretty much every ride. All the Lego creations are beyond amazing. I took something like 400 photos. No, I won't bore you all with them but I do need to upload some highlights. Sea World was just as fun. C loved the dolphin show and Shamu. It was just so nice to get away for a couple of day and do the family thing. It had been almost 3 years since we've gone away as a family, for fun. We need to do more of that.

G is in Atlanta working on the BET Hip Hop Awards. I know you'll all be tuning in next week, whenever it's on. Fo shizzle.

I've taken two golf lessons and according to my teacher, I'm doing really well. I'm really enjoying it.

I've been walking/hiking with some girlfriends in the grand attempt to get into a little bit of shape and perhaps lose a few ounces. There's a 3.5 mile trail about 1 mile from my house and it's in the Santa Monica Mountains so that it's protected land and can't be built on. There are some tough parts and I'm definitely huffing and puffing. I'm so darn out of shape it's pathetic.

I'm tired of migraines. I've had way too many lately. Headaches are a regular occurrence but the migraines are not making me happy.

I've been doing stupid projects like removing old photos from their horrible magnetic albums. You know the kind. The albums where you peel the plastic and it's got adhesive to hold the pictures in place. Well, they eat away at the photos and eventually discolor and disintegrate them. So, while catching up on TV, I've pulled and put into new, happy, acid-free albums photos from my backpack trip to Europe in 1989, my first trip to Australia in 1985 and two albums with a few summers worth of pics from summer camp. It was great to look at some of those photos and brought back some fun memories, especially the camp ones. Without a doubt, summer camp at Calamigos was some of the best times of my life. I started as a camper and grew up there and was a counselor for 5 years. I got a little nostalgic for three of my favorite campers. I googled them and I found them all. I'm not sure if that's good or I should be a little scared that it was so easy to find them but it was nice to see them all grown up. I emailed one of them so we'll see if he responds on behalf of himself and his sister. They used to live in LA and now live in Atlanta. The other is a doctor and living in Washington. I need to email him as well. I don't know why I feel nervous that maybe they won't remember me. That would be so sad but honestly, I don't think that would happen. I'm in touch with a few people from camp still but it would be nice to reconnect with these three. I just adored all of them.

One of my dearest friends is having a baby in 10 days. We're having a little lunch/baby shower for her tomorrow. I was hoping to make her a batch of chocolate chip cookies (she seems to be obsessed with mine for some reason) but oops, dont' have enough chips. Guess I'll be making a quick stop at the market tomorrow after drop off so I can whip them up before the lunch. And since she has this general philosophy that it's not a party unless there are M&M's, I ordered personalized M&M's that say "Baby Girl?" and "Baby Boy?" on light blue and pink and green M&M's since her last name is Green. Of course, I happen to know the sex of the baby but I can't give any of that away. Even her DH doesn't know. I've got some pressies up my sleeve for when Baby G arrives. I'm very excited for her.

Okay, gotta go finish decorating the above mentioned M&M jar and then get some sleep. Maybe this headache will go away. What a concept.

Oh yeah and it's finally hockey season again. Kings still stink. I guess that's our lot in life this year... to root for the imploding teams. Between the Kings, Chicago Cubs debacle and the Iowa Hawkeyes, we're not having good sports karma around here. But hey, these are awesome. Needless to say, I'll be ordering these in the next few days.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, October 15, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

Throw the Fighting Irish in that bad karma and there's nothing good going on right now!
The Hawkeyes win this weekend was great though!
Glad you updated, I miss knowing what you're up to and I feel bad like I'm missing out. I think of you every time I watch The Office, (and more often) does that make you feel good?? lol

 
At 2:26 AM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Julie,
We took Kirk's 10 year old to Orlando this summer. Disney and MGM was a lot of fun. Sea World was awesome to me. I hadn't been in years. We all loved it. The Shamu show was fantastic. We sat in the splash area and got drenched. It's always lovely to sport whale urine around. HAHA. Atleast that was our ongoing joke.

-Lyman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home