Friday, January 11, 2008

Damn dogs

I live with two four-legged escape artists and they've escaped once again. I went to my flute choir class tonight and when I got home my MIL said "Do you want the bad news or the bad news?" Of course, I knew I had no dogs. I have NO idea where they're escaping but clearly there's a hole in the back fence and they're escaping into Hidden Hills again. It's been a few years since that's happened. Yes, Tazzie has been Houdini lately but she jumps over fences and we figured out where that was happening. Keely doesn't do that which means they're crawling under somewhere.

When I got home and MIL told me, I jumped back in the car and drove around calling for them. According to MIL, she thinks she got out around 7PM. It was now close to 11PM. I left my number and their colorings at the guard gate at Hidden Hills. Don't know what they'll do with sleeping C if they call me at 4AM but I'll deal with that. Only once has Tazzie stayed out all night and that was the very first time she escaped right before C was born. She climbed a tree (don't ask) but waited until first light and got back in the backyard. Keely stayed put that time. Now they're both gone. I know that Tazzie knows where she lives and as long as they're together, they should be ok. But it's nighttime, dark and cold so that worries me. There's nothing I can do about it but hope that they're smart enough to stick together. And keep my ears open for a bark at the front or back door. And hope they figure it out before I have to leave the house for the day at 8AM.

Goofball dogs! UGH!

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, January 11, 2008, Blogger Sunshine said...

I would have been driving all over looking too. I hope they didn't wander too far or talk to strangers!

PS) I need to email you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home