Bragging
I have very talented cousins. On one side, both my cousins are doctors (emergency room and pediatric anesthesiologist). On the other, well, talent oozes. From my uncle's first marriage, I grew up with my two cousins since we're all around the same age. One cousin is a choreographer. One is a pre-school teacher and breast cancer survivor (yay!). His second marriage, my uncle (the Broadway producer) married a dancer who danced on Broadway. They have three kids. The two girls are professional dancers one in Philadelphia and the other in Boston. My one boy cousin, who's a senior in high school, is a drummer (and was a tap dancer in his younger days). I mean, serious percussion player. We're talking he'll be going to Julliard or The Curtis Institute of Music next year to study classical percussion. In fact, years ago when my uncle was working with my personal God Billy Joel, J got to play with him. Even 5 years ago, Billy Joel commented that J had talent and I don't think it was to suck up to the producer. But I digress.My cousin R dances for the Philadephia Ballet. A few weeks ago, this picture was in the NY Times when the company performed "Swan Lake" in NYC. R is the 2nd from the right, standing in the back.

Today, my Aunt sends off an email bragging about the photo on the front page of the Philadelphia Inquirer newspaper. Yes, THE front page. How freaking awesome is this??


R, you totally amaze me! I hope one day I can see you perform in person.





4 Comments:
Wow, Julie, that's amazing. What a beautiful photo! See you Saturday!
that is so awesome!
the only time i'll make the cover of anything is on a Wanted poster. lol
Wahoo, that is so awesome! She looks freakin amazing!! Definitely talented! Very cool about your cousing too. What a cool thing to play for the NYYS!!
That is awesome!!! Definite bragging rights there. Congrats to her for making the cover!
araxi
Post a Comment
<< Home