Yeah I'm here
Happy New Year one and all. Or to anyone who still bothers to check that I'm even alive. There might be one or two of you out there. First of all, here are some photos of us ringing in the new year. I love sparkling cider and C does too. She was asking all day when we get to drink champagne. And yes, she was up all day and stayed up until midnight.First family photo of 2008
Okay, girls, don't bother getting up. Happy New year to the doggies.
She crashed hard at about 12:20A. LOL.
It's been a crazy week. I've been up to my eyeballs in DGA Negotiations. I've been at the Guild everyday for a week. Things are certainly getting interesting. Now with the Golden Globes being cancelled, who knows what'll happen with the Oscars. Glad I'm not doing them this year. I'm sure they'll happen but who knows in what capacity. It's not a pretty situation right now. I'm very grateful that we have work booked through June and then Big Brother for the summer. Every little bit helps. This strike isn't ending any time soon unfortunately.
I haven't really given much thought to any resolutions. There's always things to improve. Mostly like getting in shape. I'm horrifically heavy for me which is really depressing so I need to make a change there. The next few weeks are too stressful to give it the proper focus. I know that sounds like an excuse but it's true. If I don't have the time, then it'll only be more frustrating. I want to set the goal or reading 10 books again this year. I thought I made 10 last year but I think it only ended up being 9. Of course, it didn't help that I bogged down with one book for three months. I'm still bitter about that. But I've already completed one this year, have another on the nightstand and one selected for the book club. So I think I'll achieve that goal this year. I need to organize my scrap room which I'm ready to condemn the area. G said he'd order me this amazingly cool armoire for our anniversary/Hanukkah/birthday/groundhogs day, etc. We have a lot of expenses this month so we may put this off for a month or so but we'll do it and I'm very excited for the big purge.
Next week we're finally going to Park City. I bought new ski boots. I didn't really want to spend the money but my boots were 13 years old and yeah, technology has changed. I got a great deal on Salomon boots that are actually comfortable. I didn't think that was really possible. G had to buy new boots too because for whatever reason, his boots didn't fit anymore. And then, conveniently, he broke a toe two days ago. Nice, black and blue, swollen 4th toe on the left foots. He says it's feeling a little better so we're just hoping that the pain goes down enough so he can get his foot in a boot. I hope I don't kill myself from not skiing in 5 years and for being woefully out of shape. C is very excited to go skiing. She's all signed up for ski school. I hope she doesn't freak at how cold it really is. We'll be there during the Sundance Film Festival which could actually suck in terms of wandering down Main Street. But I'm told that no one skis so the slopes should be fine. And since we're staying at my cousin's house (we're so grateful that she offered her home to us) at the very worst, we've got a house with a kitchen so swing by the market for supplies and we just cook it ourselves.
Gotta get some sleep so that I'm functional at tomorrow's DGA soiree. I'll try to be better. I actually have things to say just not much computer motivation.





2 Comments:
I'm still here :o) Carly looks gorgeous in her party dress. I can't believe she stayed up til midnight. None of mark's hopeless family did (boring losers). we were all in bed by 11! You definitely looked like you had more fun :o)
What a sweet family photo to ring in 2008! You've got one cute party girl! On another note, sorry to hear about Greg's toe...what a bummer!!
Post a Comment
<< Home