Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Post Hanukkah wrap up

First of all, I've been completely down and out for the better part of the last 4 days. Last Friday night we were invited to a screening party for G's show "Movie Rocks". We went to the director's house and it was just lovely. His house is right out of Architectural Digest and yet very comfortable and homey. The food was fantastic, nice company (I didn’t know too many people) and the show as fantastic. It was one of those shows where every performance had a “wow” moment. You don’t get to see too many of those, much less work on one, too often. It’s rare that we’re really proud to have our name on the credits and I was quite proud to see G’s name on that one.

Anyway, came home from that nice evening with a migraine (again) and feeling a little rundown, which after the lack of sleep I’d had all week was not surprising. By the time Saturday dawned, I had been hit by a full whammy head cold. I literally slept until 3PM that day! Thank goodness G was around to watch C otherwise I don’t know what I would’ve done. And I was so out of it, I barely heard them in the house. We went to my parents for Hanukkah that night which took all the energy I could muster. I came home, went to sleep and slept until noon on Sunday. Got up, went downstairs and took a nap on the couch for another 2 hours. Monday, I got C to school. Took a golf lesson (which might’ve not been my brightest idea of the day), picked up donuts for C’s class Hanukkah party and came home and took another nap. Woke up in time to pick up C and a friend from school but was still loopy so G was kind enough to get the girls and take them to the party. I slept another 2.5 hours. Today, I’m finally feeling semi-functional but still after a full day, took a nap. Clearly, my body was screaming for help but man, I’ve only been hit like that once before. It’s been a sucky few days.

Moving on…

We’re now in the Hanukkah after glow. I was completely remiss in posting the goodies that C got throughout the week and will post some highlight photos tomorrow. C did well this year as usual. We tried to keep it lower key which turned out to be fine. She wasn’t crazed about opening 30 presents a night. She was fine with the one or two from us and the one from her other set of grandparents. (They sent 8 little pressies which was just fine). From us, she got a Princess scooter, a Kings jersey with her name on it, a hopscotch rug, a Tinkerbell lunchbox and puzzle, Magnetix, and some other little Princess-y things. From Grandpa A and M, she got some Polly Pockets, some drawing pads, Jungle Book DVD, Dora Dominos, a fun t-shirt with our last name on it (I got one too) and a beautiful quilt that M made. We’re spoiled with M and Grandma C who are both prolific quilters. I just love them. From Grandma G, C got snow boots and a cool scarf for our ski trip next month and the game of Jenga which we now love.

When we went to my parents’ house, we all were spoiled rotten. My sister and BIL got C, the game of Perfection, a croquet game (which C already knew all the rules and explained what the wickets were - go figure), pop beads and I’m sure there’s something else I’m forgetting. All good stuff. My parents got C more art supplies, a GC from Naartjie which will be put to good (pink) use, a nok hockey set, more ski clothes for the ski trip and more which again, escapes my cold induced brain. For us, we got spoiled too. G got a great GC for Golfsmith from my parents. I got an iphone!! OMG! Yes, they got me and my sister and iphone. Now, we have to go through the process of canceling our service with Sprint to get on AT&T to get the thing working and G wants one too so that’s the project next week. But it’s so cool, I’m so excited. My sister and BIL spoiled us with a bunch of gift cards. Not quite the number we collected for Mom for her birthday but 8 GC’s for the 8 nights of Hanukkah. All from good places like Target, Amazon, Starbucks, Borders, Jamba Juice, Corner Bakery and one of the good LSS’s by her house. We were quite spoiled this year, as usual.

I hope everyone else out there had a lovely holiday filled with latkes, gelt and s’fganiot.








1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, December 14, 2007, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Oh wow...see how out of the loop *i* am, lol...you're going on a ski trip *and* you got an iphone?? WOW! Lucky you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home