CHA
Yeah, I'm a week behind. What else is new? Last week, thanks to my dear friend Ginger, I was lucky enough to go to the Craft & Hobby Association trade show. I got to see all of the new products being released in the world of scrapbooking. And oh, there are some really yummy products coming out. Now, I just have to work on saving the money to invest in some of them.There were a lot of chipboard and acrylic word albums. That seemed to be the trend of the show. I did a chipboard album recently for my BF that said "Friends" and it was of our trip to the Grand Canyon last year. Here's the cover.
It came out really nice if I say so myself.There were a couple of paper lines that I thought were awesome. Heidi Grace was beautiful and I've never been a huge fan but this was stunning. Teresa Collins new stuff is just fab. Basic Grey always makes me drool. Sweetwater is also one of my very favorites. I used to get their monthly kits, which they've stopped doing, but their new paper lines are fantastic. They said they'd offer them on the website and I'll be getting all of them. I love their products. And gel-a-tins have wonderful acrylic stamps. Last year they released a set of NHL team logo stamps. Hockey and scrapbooking. Who could ask for more? I love their products. And a company called Boxer Scrapbooks just released a Judaica stamps set.
Very cute for cards and always have to support any company who produces Jewish products.I got lots of great ideas from looking at layouts on display. Took a bunch of photos to give me
inspiration which hopefully I'll do justice to the great creativity of the product designers. Spent the day with a bunch of Fabulous Foxy Friends. We had a great time. And saw a few people that I knew which was nice. Like Maria, Teresa Collins, Stacy Panassidi (who at least feigned that she might have seen me in another life). I saw Janna Wilson and Karen Burniston from afar but didn't get a chance to say hello. Bummed I missed Karen and we've exchanged the "we suck for not searching each other out" emails. We will definitely hook up next time and I look forward to that.
Sorry for the boring, indulgent post. Just had to post what's been going on this past week. Boring for you readers maybe, but fun for me.





3 Comments:
AAAAH! I could have ran into you at the show!!!! One of my friends got me in and we were there Sunday through part of Tuesday! It would have been so cool if we had ran into each other!
I'm jealous you went! Who else went with you?
Lisa A.
Welcome home! Love your Friends book! Hey I'm loving the new BB - it just keeps getting funnier!
Post a Comment
<< Home