Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hello, is this thing on?

I've been overwhelmed with end of school crap, yearbook dramas, and just life in general with not enough hours in the day. So my pledge, goal, promise to myself is to blog every day for the next few days to get the backlog of photos I've been meaning to share up for the world to see. Okay, I realize that I've lost all hope to have people read my blog anymore so it's really just to entertain myself so when/if I ever get around to scrapbooking, I might have a fighting chance to jog my memory. So let's work backwards to cover the past 2-3 weeks.

It was an historic day in the life of Miss C. After 6 years, 2 months and 7 days, we had our first haircut. This has been the source of MUCH drama over the past few months. Sheer terror in anticipation and partly our own laziness for not just doing it. But with camp starting tomorrow, it was time once and for all. I called yesterday to a place in the neighborhood and made the appointment. This morning, C was all cranky and a real PITA all because she was nervous about getting her hair finally cut. So we finally loaded everyone in the car, drove to the place and they were closed. What? G called the number and the answering machine said they were "closed for Father's Day." WTF. Why the hell did they take my appointment plus they had my name and number and could've called me. G left a nasty message which was well deserved. I just left a lousy review on the website where I found this place. Anyway, I remembered another place in Studio City that was open on Sundays so we called and went over there. Not the most geographically desirable but it turned out to be well worth the drive.

After all the anticipation, once we got there, C was totally cool. Okay, having a lollipop to start probably helped but it was one of the classic stress over the unknown situations. Once she saw the place, what it was, how kid friendly it was, it was all good. We sat down with our hairdresser M and figured out how much to cut off. Then M made a braid of the length to cut off and off it went. C was totally fine and I think even enjoyed the pampering. Then M did the haircut to trim everything up and then blow dried C's hair. C then picked two clips to put in her hair and glitter. It doesn't get better than glitter being sprinkled in your hair. When all was said and done, C's hair looks fantastic. She LOVES the length and how light her head feels. Before she went to sleep, she even said to me how it's weird when you're nervous doing something new and then when you do it, it's not bad. And of course, getting a balloon is always a bonus.

So here's the before, during and after photo album.

Yup, hair pretty much down to her behind.

The moment we've all been waiting for...

The hair styling

Checking it out in the mirror


Flipping our new shoulder length hair

C and her hairdresser M


Ta-da!! Clips and glitter included

Showing off


How stinking cute does she look now? She loves her short hair and she's really gonna love how much easier it is to take care of, comb through after a shower and just how much nicer it'll be in the heat of the summer. Yee-ha! We got a haircut and survived!

Tune in tomorrow for more pictures and catching up.

3 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, June 22, 2009, Blogger Melissa :) said...

Her haircut is super cute. As for your blog I do turn in whenever I have a spare moment (due to summer there are a lot of those right now). You will be glad you are blogging and recording it because when you do finally get the chance to scrapbook it does help to refresh your memory for the journaling. So keep at it (in between being super mom).

 
At 2:30 PM, June 23, 2009, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Well, hallelujah and congratulations! LOL The hair cut looks great and it's VERY nice to see you blogging again, even if I know you'll forget about it again next week. :-)

 
At 11:04 AM, June 30, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to catch up on your life through your blog. C's hair looks super cute....
huggzzz,
kari

 

Post a Comment

<< Home