Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's been a busy week

This week started off with me working on the final performance show for "American Idol". I was nervous since I hadn't worked for this director before as his Booth AD and I was filling in for G who's a great AD and handles this director better than anyone. So big shoes to fill. Then there's also the little fact that I haven't AD'd a live show since last September so I was a little nervous about that. But it all seemed to go well. Adam and Kris sang their hearts out to win the votes of America. The show ended up being 2:02 long but considering we went in 2:45 over to begin with, that wasn't bad. I think I helped the director. The next day, a bunch of people I work with all said I did a terrific job and did a good job on keeping B focused. I'll take that as a victory and be happy.

Wednesday was the finale for "Idol" which G was directing. (Thus the reason I was filling in for him the day before). I went to the show with Lisa and we had a great time. The show itself was fantastic. Amazing line up of talent and the performances were all fabulous. I didn't see any of the TV show since that wasn't what was being shown in the screens but everyone, in and out of the show, said the show looked amazing. I'm so proud of G and I hope he's proud of himself too. This was a huge deal and for everyone to recognize how good the show looked is a big deal. I can't wait to sit down and actually watch the show since I did miss some of it because of a babysitter pick up confusion. Anyway, here are a few shots that I took from the audience. I got a totally bitchin' new camera for Mother's Day and it takes awesome pictures so it was fun to see what would come out from where we were sitting. It was pretty far back but I think these came out really good.

Main Titles being shown up on the screen. Woo-Hoo!




KISS performance

Kris singing his winner song at the Judges Table. Not bad from about 35 rows back and across the Nokia.



Moving on to Friday. It was the Kindergarten Jewish Journey presentation for C and her class. This was the culmination of what they've learned throughout this year and the time for them to "take" their Hebrew names. Yes, they were named as babies at their naming or bris but this was the moment where they were called up to the Torah and accepted their Hebrew name for themselves. It was a beautiful presentation and very moving. We had to create a poster for our child explaining the origin of their Hebrew name, who they were named after, why we selected their name. It was all very moving to see C and all that she is at 6 carrying on the spirit and legacy of the 4 great grandparents that she was named after.


Saying the Sh'ma

C and her Hebrew name
Here's how the name posters were displayed. C's is the bottom right one with the purple.


One of the Hebrew teachers made this cake for the K classes. Yes, the picture is upside down but she wrote out each child's Hebrew name on the cake.



C and her teacher, who's one of the best people I've ever met. And a great teacher. C says she wants to be a teacher when she grows up and it's all because of Mrs. L.



Me and C



And Saturday, the babies are now officially 5 months old. I can't believe it. They're getting big. G was out of town for two days and swears that H is bigger than M. We'll find out next week when I take them to the doctor for a check up but they're getting there. M is using her legs to hold herself up and she's spitting up everything all the time. (doctor says she's fine and she'll outgrow it in another month or so). H is full of smiles and generally very easy going.

Daddy and his girls



M at 5 months

H at 5 months (she wasn't in a perky mood when this was taken)


H & M at 5 months...

Where moments later, M thought the sign was tasty.

4 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, May 24, 2009, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Great update!! You covered all the bases...I'd love copies of your Idol pics..that little camera ROCkS!! Thank you so much for taking me, I had a GREAT time!

 
At 9:22 PM, May 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and the hubby for a wonderful American Idol show. My daughter and I dedicated two nights of our lives to this show and I thought the finale was FANTASTIC. My son thought he was listening to a soundtrack from Guitar Hero. It was fun! I cannot believe how big your girls are getting they are too adorable. :)

 
At 10:21 PM, May 26, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The show was amazing....you and Gregg have converted me to a fan!! The girls are all looking gorgeous....and the red hair that is coming through on the babies....love it!!!
huggzzz,
kari

 
At 7:03 AM, May 28, 2009, Blogger Terri said...

great pictures of the girls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home