Saturday, March 07, 2009

Behind

I've been so lagging here in the blogdom, I'm sure everyone has simply given up on me. I'm, as usual, behind in everything. My main project right now is do the yearbook for C's school. I've been procrastinating for WAY too long and I've got to turn it in in about 6 weeks so I've got to get cracking on it. I started putting things together the other night, and I do have a page layout plan, I just need the computer time. It's been very difficult during the day since whenever I have a few moments of quiet, I know it's going to get interrupted momentarily but a crying, needing to be fed baby. It's all good don't get me wrong, but it doesn't give me much dedicated time to get things done. But I'm going to have to make the time.

The damn dogs escaped again yesterday. They find ways to get through the fence that G has reinforced with endless chicken wire and re-bar. Yesterday's hole was about 4" and they both snuck through. Tazzie, tired, sore and filthy, reappeared at the front door around 5PM yesterday. She knows her way home so I did a random check in the front and she was just lying there exhausted. I was sitting right inside the door and she was too pooped to bark or scratch at the door. But the troublesome part was no Keely. She's not quite as smart as Tazzie so when they separate, it's a bigger problem. In the past, she's managed to stay on the horse trail behind our house and she knows it's our house and we've found her. No such luck this time. G went over the fence a few times last night to find her and nothing. He spoke to the guards at Hidden Hills in case they saw her, he left our number. (not the first time we've chatted with the guards there) So we worried through the night hoping that Keely would find a place to hide and try to keep warm when it was in the 40's overnight. G went out again this morning. Nothing at the top of the hill. He drove around to two of the HH gates to tell them again. Then a little bit ago, he asked if Tazzie was barking. No, since she was still crashed out and not moving on her pillow upstairs. He opened the front door and there was Keely in the middle of the cul-de-sac barking at a jogger. She's filthy and tired but home, thankfully. I guess we should give her a little more credit that she's not as dumb as we thought. She did find her way home all by herself. Now, if she'd only be smart enough not to follow Tazzie in the first place...

So since I'm do darned behind, here's a bunch of pictures to update myself, since I'm now the sole follower of this blog...

The girls at two months old.

Miss H

The divine Miss M

C recently celebrated her 100th day of Kindergarten. They had a big celebration. And the next day, on the 101st day, it was Dalmatian day. They were going to watch "101 Dalmatians" but apparently some parents expressed concern about Cruella DeVille being too scary. Party poopers but the kids did all still dress up. Here was C, our cute dalmatian.


And two other shots of the girls. They're getting big and we managed to get H's Kodak moment with one of her first smiles. M has been smiling for a bit longer but haven't captured it on film (more like memory stick) yet.


6 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, March 07, 2009, Blogger Melissa :) said...

Oh that smile is too cute. Keep up on the monthly shots in the chair of the girls. I didn't do it with Aidan and did it with Zach and it is so neat to see the changes month by month now that he is over a year.

 
At 11:16 AM, March 08, 2009, Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks for the update Juls! I think about you often and miss my AI buddy! LOL The girls are all gorgeous, I can't believe it's been 2 months already, although I'm sure to you if must feel like 2 years. LOL

 
At 6:20 PM, March 08, 2009, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Julie, they are so cute!!

 
At 2:01 AM, March 10, 2009, Blogger Megan R said...

Cute!!! Love the smile! And I'm still here, I love the updates, no matter when you write them!! :o)

 
At 9:37 AM, March 12, 2009, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

OMG...That smile is too too cute!!!

You really should spend less time doing pointless quizzes on Facebook and more time updating your blog for all your faithful readers!!! LOL Your girls are too cute to not share!!!

 
At 9:11 PM, March 12, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are ALL just beautiful! Can't belive those babies are already two months! You're a LUCKY MAMA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home