It was a lucky day...
Today was the big fundraiser Family Fun Day for C's school. They had a carnival at Sherwood Country Club and it was a very nice event. Beautiful day, lots of bouncies for the kids, a dunk tank where they dumped the PE Coach and another dad, food, cotton candy, snow cones. Of course, C and & I went and we brought the little ones (along with babysitter T since I couldn't run in two different directions).The big fundraising part is getting people to buy raffle tickets. I did my part and bought $235 worth and deposited them into the boxes that I wanted to potentially win. The big ticket items were an ipad, tickets to a Dave Matthews concert with him performing at a private home in August (I know tickets are $1000 each), there were tickets to an Adam Lambert concert, Camp Rock concert, and a few other things. The lesser ticket items were everything from a week at Cali-Camp, making jams/jellies, facials, jewelry, hot lunch for a year and a lot more. The punchline to this is that we won FOUR things today! Woo-Hoo! We won a year of challah at school. That's the raffle investment right there. I'm actually most excited about that. We won music lessons which I have to check into. I think it's along the lines of the Gymboree music classes I did with C when she was a baby. This is for kids birth-5 years so whatever it is will be perfect for M&H. Two High Holy tickets at one of the temples down the street from us. Since we don't currently belong to a synagogue, we'll definitely use those (or I wouldn't have put my ticket in). And we won the Camp Rock concert tickets! How cool is that? 4 tickets to the concert in Irvine in September. C will love it. Of course, I'm going to be out of town that night but we'll have to deal with that. At least there's no school that day. LOL. Anyway, we were quite lucky today and it was fun.
After we came home and napped (all of us), it was warm so us girls went into the pool. The little ones hadn't been in the pool since last summer when they were too young to get it. Now that they love the bath so much, it was a giant bathtub. They were good about sitting on the step and splashing around. C was a big help keeping an eye on one while I had the other. I'd post a picture but I can't find my memory stick reader. So picture cute kids in pool.





3 Comments:
Congrats on your winnings! Those are some cool prizes!
Great prizes you won......enjoy using them and if the tickets are at our shul then I look forward to saving you guys a seat at the High Holidays......
Congrats!! Wow..you are seriously LUCKY!! What temple for HH??
Post a Comment
<< Home