Starting over
I know. I have no excuse. Time gets away. I have so many things to write about and don't know where to begin so I just don't. Sad. Pathetic. True. But I'm feeling sad today so I need to get some things out of my system, I think. I got an email from a good friend that the sister of another friend passed away last night. I don't like to publish names but at this point, no one is reading my blog (which is ok and my fault) so I'm going to add a few here. I met Yvonne in June 2006 when I went to CKU San Jose and roomed with her, her sister Yez (from Foxy Croppers) and Jenny. We had a great time and they were wonderful roomies. About 2 years ago, Yvonne was diagnosed with stomach cancer and waged a strong fight which clearly took advantage of her wonderful spirit last night. She's got three kids. I'm not sure I'm up to date on the ages but I think they're all about 13 and under. I'm sure Yvonne was younger than me. I wasn't that close to her but I did see her several times over the years and I adore Yez so I'm just so heavy hearted today. I know she suffered greatly in her battle and there is some relief in knowing that that won't happen anymore but that's only a small bit of comfort. It's still just simply so sad. I can't seem to get past it right now.And then, there was an article in today's LA Times magazine section about a cold case murder that's been unsolved for 30 years. This was about Kari who I'd known since 1st grade and was brutally raped and murdered when we were 15. They've never found the killer but there's a detective in the LAPD Cold Case Department who won't rest until he finds her murderer. Based on today's article, I believe he will find him one day. Her story pops up every few years in relation to cold cases but this was a big exposure today. So between the sadness of Yvonne's passing and the haunting death of Kari, it's been a weird day for me.
On a really good note though, I did go to visit my friend D from high school who's wife had twins (4 weeks early) two weeks ago. C and I went to drop off a bunch of baby equipment that we didn't use anymore (swings, double Snap N Go, exersaucers). The baby girl is home and doing well, although she's tiny, especially compared to my full sized babes when they were born. The baby boy is still in the hospital and will probably be there a few more days. But they allowed me to hold her and being able to hold a beautiful, tiny baby was such a happy thing. I guess this is a life cycle day for me.
I hope Yez and her family find comfort in knowing that Yvonne isn't suffering any more and that she's with the angels, without a doubt. I hope there's something we can do for her in the next few weeks. I hope her kids know what a wonderful mom they had and how much she loved them. Be free Yvonne and I hope you're smiling down (and maybe doing a little scrapping) at all of us.





4 Comments:
A very cathartic post indeed...
I am sad about Yvonne, too...I only met her a couple of times but no one deserves what she went through...it does lighten my heart a bit that she isn't suffering anymore. Glad to see you back to blogging...hope you keep it up! FWIW, I miss your blogging!
Thanks Lisa. The tears are coming right now which I think I also apparently needed today. I'm surprised you knew I posted anything. I figured you, and everyone gave up on even checking. LOL. I'll do better I promise.
Glad to see you are back blogging......I've missed reading your thoughts as you write so beautifully my friend. I read about Kari and didn't know that you had known her.....such a sad story. I am also really sad about Yvonne though I had only met her once or twice.....I am just so sad for Yez and her family especially the children, to have to go through that experience......I so wish for them that they hadn't had to.....
So sorry to hear about your friend's sister, and how it's affecting you. Beautiful post, and I'm very glad you wrote it.
So see? I missed you too!
Post a Comment
<< Home