Sunday, September 06, 2009

Annual Report

Once again, I'm posting during the MDA Jerry Lewis Telethon. It's kind of a tradition at this point although usually I post in the middle of the night to stay awake. Right now, we're in Hour 3 and we're 28 minutes over. In other words, we're supposed to be done with this hour at 8:50P and it's 9:03 with another 13 minutes to go. You can thank Jerry Lewis for all that overage. It'll fall on those of us working the overnight to cut and cut to catch up and get back on time for it all to start over again when he comes back in the morning. I'm working only the first 10 hours this year because I have to get back to do "Big Brother" on Tuesday and I'm driving. The last time I drove in the afternoon, after the show, it took 8 hours to get home instead of 4. With two babies and a 6 year old in the car, that's just suicidal. My goal is to be on the road around 10A so at least we'll get home during daylight hours. I'll do another update in the middle of the night because I can.

In the meantime, here's my annual pitch. There are lots of worthy charities out there and they are all deserving of our generous donations. This year is my 20th MDA Telethon. I'm very proud to have been a part of this annual event over the years and I believe that a cure is in reach. Once they find the cure for one of these diseases, all the others out there (MDA and others) will start to fall too. If you have a little bit extra to give, please consider donating to MDA. It's a wonderful organization and they help anyone and everyone who fighting neuromuscular disease. And while you're at it, give your beautiful, healthy, strong children an extra hug and kiss tonight. We're all very blessed.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, September 07, 2009, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Wow, Julie. Good luck to you on that drive. Drive safe and see you in a couple weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home