Saturday, September 17, 2005

Busy Busy

Well, it's been a crazy busy two weeks since the Telethon. We raised $54 million for Jerry's kids and MDA this year. That's $5 million less than last year but considering what's still going on with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and the Telethon's pleas to donate to the Salvation Army, that's still pretty good. As for what we've done for hurricane relief, not as much as I should still do. I did go to the 99cent only store and filled up a cart with food, dog and cat food, shampoo, soap, razors and shaving cream, toothbrushes, etc. I figured I could get a lot farther buying stuff there and I was so right. Love that store. Anyway, we were going to ship it to a shelter in Baton Rouge that I had heard about but then the Temple was collecting supplies and driving them to Louisiana so we dropped it all off there. I made a donation to the Red Cross through a collection going on at "Big Brother". The producers will match whatever is raised and as of Friday, they had collected over $4700 from the staff. That's awesome.

Speaking of "Big Brother", we've got our finale on Tuesday. The staff's personal favorite Janelle got evicted last night leaving the evil Maggie and even more annoying Ivette as the final two. Janelle had really overcome about a million obstacles to make to the final three. Too bad she didn't have one more trick to pull out of her bag. Gregg's up at the jury house shooting the final Q&A with the last two. I'm sure they were in shock when Janelle walked in the door. Everyone was so "down" after she lost and Ivette won on yesterday's show. Yes, it's just a TV show but when you're a fan AND you're lucky enough to work on it, you get really attached. I was so distraught that it took me 10 minutes to find my car in the parking structure. I couldn't remember where I parked. When I spoke with Gregg last night, he also said that Rich (EP who's up there with him) was also really depressed. We love you Janey!! Other than the fact that I put down $5 on the first day before they moved on Ivette to win, I really couldn't care less between these two people. On to Survivor Guatemala and The Amazing Race.

At least I got finally got some scrapping done. Bucket had posted two challenges on the Foxy board and for the first time, I've finally felt the motivation and inspiration to do them. And of course, photos that applied. I did the "10 Random Things About Me" which I have to scan and I'll post tomorrow. And the Mae West quote. Bucket found this awesome list of quotes by Mae West. I liked "A man's kiss is his signature". I used the photo of me and Gregg kissing at the Lincoln Memorial when we first got together in January 2001. We had this joke from the Millennium special in 1999 about "making out under the bleachers at the Lincoln Memorial". Dissolve to a year later when we got together and then did a show in DC in January. So we had to kiss at the landmark. What I'm proud of in this photo is that there were 3 people looking up at Mr. Lincoln. Thanks to Photoshop, they disappeard a long time ago. I'll scan and post tomorrow as well. Every once in awhile, I like having the house quiet (thanks to Miss Carly sleeping) and I can scrap and kind of do what I want.

Speaking of doing what I want, off to go catch up on some McLeod's Daughters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home