Monday, September 19, 2005

A little nervous

Well, after 7 weeks of waiting, I'm finally having surgery on Wednesday to remove the cyst from my ovary. I went to see my doctor today and get the whole story on what's going to happen. We did another ultrasound and luckily, the cyst hasn't gotten any bigger since we initially found it in June and from the MRI. It's about 2.5 cms. So a little laproscopic surgery, 4 incisions and 2-3 hours later, it should all be removed. Luckily, this has had nothing to do with the fact that we haven't gotten pregnant but it has delayed the process for a few months before and now with recovery, another few weeks. It'll be about 4-6 weeks for everything to heal and then we'll start the hormone treatments for IVF with a goal of having the procedure around Thanksgiving. I'm really not looking forward to the hormonal hell but if it gets us another baby, then it'll all be worth it. I'm still a little nervous about the surgery though. I know it'll all be fine but it is surgery and I've never had surgery before except for my wisdom teeth getting pulled. But I trust Dr. Pisarska, and Dr. Cohen will be there too. I just love these ladies so I know I'm in really good hands. Renee had this same surgery about 8 months ago and said she was pretty much fine by the next day. I'm hoping for the same since it's the "BB" wrap party on Thursday night, LOL. I can't miss that after going through this whole Summer of Secrets, now can I?? Anyway, I'll post the pain factor after I come out from under on Thursday. In the meantime, say a little prayer that it goes quickly, easily and that it clears the path for the next part of my medical journey.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG Juls I how did it all go? Are you feeling OK?

-bucket

 

Post a Comment

<< Home