Thursday, October 13, 2005

Santa Barbara Zoo

Carly and I went to the Santa Barbara Zoo today. (Yes, it was a little sacreligious going on Yom Kippur but I figured I'm going to sit home with Carly today until services at 4PM and she's never been to the zoo. I did manage to not eat anything and keep up my fast). We went with Renee and Amanda and Mollie, Katrina and Alli. We had a blast. Carly loved seeing all the animals and luckily the first animal to see was the scarlet macaw, which was a big hit thanks to "Go Diego Go!". We saw elephants, sea otters, flamingos, lemur, gorillas, leopards, turtles, frogs, lots of birds, alligator, giraffes including the one with the crooked neck, and so much more. We also fed the farm animals which was also a lot of fun. Carly could tell you the whole list. She came home and told Gregg all about it, including what she had for lunch. The best part of that conversation was that she told him that she ate her whole mac and cheese but that I threw it away before her last bite. That's exactly what happened so when he repeated that part to me, I nearly fell over. It's a great, beautiful zoo and what a great place for the animals. About a block from the beach. Reminds me of Taronga Zoo in Sydney overlooking the Harbour. I can't wait to go back. Hey, it's only a one hour drive which, at certain times, is pretty much how long it would take to get to the LA Zoo.

Here are a few pictures.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home