Saturday, January 07, 2006

What an AWESOME DAY!

Well, I teased you with a picture of my planner that I altered for the Donna Downey online class. Today, Lisa, Kari, Melissa and I drove down to Scrapbook Oasis in Irvine for our big Donna Downey Day! OMG, it was fantastic! We did three awesome projects (photos to come). We did altered wood letters with the word "LOVE". We picked our own papers, added photos and they look fabulous. We did a small chipboard album with an accordian spine and envelopes (yes regular envelopes). It's an idea book and you can stash several papers within the envelopes for inspiration. And the third project is another chipboard album with 20 small manila envelopes with an insert card in it. Each envelope represents an event or holiday throughout the year. I've done 3 events so far, have photos printed for 2 more. I'll do the others and then I'll have all of 2005 done in one mini-album. It's fast, easy and looks awesome.

Donna is without a doubt, one of the funnest (I know, bad English) and funniest persons out there. Between having our chipboard covers "cook" under our "assets" and then her presentation on how to use the hand drill. How you hold the "balls gently with no pressure" was hysterical. (thanks Lisa for reminding me to write that down) She was kind enough to take photos with everyone, sign books, and chat with everyone in the room. She's such a fun and inspiring person. She's already made me excited for the next online project. And she's also teaching at CKU in Provo which I'm really hoping to make it to in May. I know which class I'm signing up for already.

Of course, we still missed the DTC with Carol and Tena and I still feel like I missed something. I'll have to email both of them because I really missed them and their awesome day too. Grrr. Hate when two GREAT things happen at the same time. I've never felt so "torn" about conflicts like this before, and especially when it was a win-win choice. Anyway, we had a fantastic day and any Foxy's who read this who went to DTC, please know that I wish I was there and hope you also had a wonderful, inspiring day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home