Friday, June 02, 2006

Addicted to Chocolate Milk

The soy kind anyway. Okay, so it's 1:30AM, yes I'm up on the computer but that's a different story, and Carly starts crying in her sleep, clearly having a bad dream. I go rushing in there to wake her up to snap her out of it. She's literally crying andsaying "No, the chocolate milk is on the top of cabinet". I keep asking her why she's having a bad dream about chocolate milk but she's just sitting up with this really sad face. She says she wants chocolate milk. I tell her it's too late for chocolate milk and the sad face gets even sadder. (for those who don't know, TJ's has soy chocolate milk in a box and it's Carly's favorite. She has one first thing when she gets up and usually a 2nd one during the day. She'd have 12 if I'd let her, anyway...) I tell her to tell me what the bad dream is about. She says she wants a chocolate milk again and me, being the complete sucker Mom, say okay but tell me what she was dreaming about. She says "After". So I go get the milk box, stick the straw in. She sucks that thing down, didn't break the suction on that straw, in about 1 minute complete with drowsy eyes blinking slowly. But she then rolled right over and went back to sleep. She never asks for anything like that during the night and yes, I have "sucker mom" written across my forehead. But the fact that she was dreaming about chocolate milk and when I asked her what the dream was about she said "after" just cracked me up.

And not to worry, I'm sure you'll have plenty of other opportunities to comment on my parenting skills. Just keep checking the blog or read the archives, it's ripe with material.

"Sucker Mom", peace, out.

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, June 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Carly. Sometimes chocolate soy milk just makes everything OK again. - Irene

 
At 5:30 PM, June 04, 2006, Blogger Irete's Retreat said...

no, she doesn't have you wrapped around her little chocolate soy finger!! not one bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home