Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blood Curdling Scream

Did you hear it? That was Carly screaming in ANTICIPATION of getting her flu shot. OMG. I've never heard anything so loud in my whole life. She's had shots before and no big deal. And with all my past IVF needles, Carly has helped me by counting when I've had to take my shots. (and she's even counted 1-2-3 a couple of times as I've anticipated the stick) You'd think she'd get the concept. Oy! Not this time. She was screaming so loud that when the actual shot happened, she didn't even flinch. She was already so worked up. I have to say (very sadly) that Gregg and I were laughing because it was so absurd. I know, we're such supportive parents but it's not like she's an infant. I was so embarrassed at the doctor's office but I do know that every parent and nurse in there knew it was nothing serious. Thank goodness I brought her the treat of M&M's. The cure-all of life. Nothing is better than chocolate. Another life lesson that Carly must learn.

3 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, October 25, 2006, Blogger Irete's Retreat said...

AWWWwwwww!!! Hahahahaa...
Poor pumpkin!!!

 
At 7:59 AM, October 26, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

ooohhh the poor dear. I sure hope the M&Ms did the trick.

 
At 8:44 AM, October 26, 2006, Blogger Sunshine said...

I hate shot days. They bite. Perhaps for Halloween next year you can dress her up as a BIG SCARY NEEDLE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home