Braindead
Hi all. Remember me? Do you see that large mound of dirt? Those are my feet sticking out from under. It's been a crazy week with another one to go. I survived the "Guys Choice Awards" which were taped last night. For those who are just dying to tune in, they air on Spike TV Wednesday night at 9PM. It's full of low brow, male humor. Lots of penis jokes, a live beer keg on stage, Carmen Electra and pole dancers. The highlight of the evening, truly, is the end of the show where Styx performs. They seriously rocked the house with "Renegade" which is my favorite song of theirs. This was the first time I AD'd for this director who has a reputation for being quite the lunatic screamer. He was too busy wearing his producer hat to deal with anything related to his director hat until day of show. So it fell on the Stage Manager and I to put a lot of things in order. Even though we didn't rehearse much, they certainly have everything they need to put the show together. Honestly, once it's all put together, it might not be too bad. I mean, it's male humor to take it with that grain of salt. But within the context of what it is, it should be ok. It was a hard show though and everyone said I did a great job keeping it all under control and moving forward. The director didn't yell at me which apparently is a *huge* accomplishment. So I'll take it as a victory. I've heard all the horror stories about this guy and I pretty much expected the worse and it wasn't horrible. I guess low expectations can pay off on occasion. I'm exhausted today and trying to function.Now, it's on to the Daytime Emmy's which air on Friday. Just sitting in editing today pretty much watching the paint dry. Not too much for me to do so I'm actually enjoying a semi-quiet day, catching up on the computer, watching clips from some of my favorite soaps and not having to deal with the words "hot chicks". It's been a long week.
Still dealing with more DGA junk. I was elected to serve for the next two years on the AD/SM/PA Council. I was a council member for 8 or 10 years before I was termed out and it was around the time I got pregnant so it was a good time for a break. I got back involved last summer when some work shit went down and some producers were trying to take stuff away from us in our little live/variety TV world. We all came out of the woodwork and I've been entrenched ever since. Tomorrow is the start of the new terms and officers will be elected. We'll see how it goes and who's the new council chair. We need it to be my friend A. We need a strong person in there right now and I know it'll work out fine.
After the ongoing stress regarding C's school, we've officially decided to send her to private school. Ugh. Very scary prospect, although for the last year of pre-school, it's not a big deal financially. Now for kindergarten, it's a whole different thing. I did go check out the Tarzana campus and it's really terrific. If I didn't have the new school as an option, I would have had no problems sending her to Tarzana. But, if we're going to continue with H school for kindergarten, then I only want to move C once. Yes, she's a resiliant kid and not a social misfit and would be fine, but let's just get settled. If we love the school, then we're golden. If we don't, then I can send her someplace else for kindy where she'll start new like everyone else, no harm, no foul. Still haven't had 5 minutes to tell Tarzana of our decision. That's on tomorrow's list of things to do but I have to say, once we made the decision, I finally felt some sense of peace and resolution. This went on for WAY too long and caused way too much stress.
But honestly, I'm a little sad. I love this temple. I love the rabbis and all the people that I've met. I truly feel like I've made some amazing friends for us and for C. I really truly hope that I can maintain these friendships. It means a lot to me. We're definitely staying member through next year but don't know after that. If we're doing Jewish school 5 days a week, I certainly don't need access to Sunday religious school. So we might take a break on that financial expense. We can still enjoy services and events even as non-members and keep in the loop with the wonderful families we've met. I finally feel like I found a temple where I felt completely comfortable so it's a little sad to walk away from that. But thank goodness for friends and it'll just take a little more effort then just knowing I'll see someone tomorrow at drop off. So that's been yet another stress in this process. But it's time to move forward and look towards the next chapter in our big girl's life. I can't believe she's 4 and will be in kindergarten in a year.
G comes home tomorrow. Finally! It's been two weeks and it's been a really long 2 weeks. C is definitely feeling it especially with me being MIA with work as well. He's got another few weeks of crazy work and a few trips and then it'll calm down a little bit. I hope. I start up on "Big Brother" at the end of the month. I'm really looking forward to that. I stopped by the offices the other day when I was on the lot to say hi. It's like summer camp for me now. A lot of the same nice, wonderful people and we just play for the summer. Looking forward to another summer of fun at BB8.
Okay, almost time to go home, thank goodness. Hopefully a good night's sleep will get me back on track to get through the week. And then I can work out my babysitting chaos for the week since my girl bailed on me. UGH. Anyone wanna hang with a cute and precocious 4 year old on Thursday and Friday??





1 Comments:
She can hang out with Matty Boy if she wants to....we would love to have a playdate
huggzzz, kari
Post a Comment
<< Home