Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I've been tagged

I’ve been tagged. It’s been about a week since Irene tagged me to make a list of the pile of books that are next to my bed, waiting to be read.

"The rules are to provide a list of books that you have on your shelves to see if anyone can learn about you from them - but not just any books. They have to be books that you've actually paid for, nothing given, borrowed, stolen, or whatever."


So let’s see what the world can learn about me. But there’s a large pile of crap next to my bed wanting to be read. And with my goal of reading 10 books this year (remember, gotta start somewhere) if I keep looking at these piles, it’ll give me motivation. Here goes.

The Color of Water by James McBride (just finished this for my book club)
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audry Niffenegger
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
Lighting the Way: Nine Women Who Changed Modern America by Karenna Gore Shiff
The Game
by Ken Dryden
The Greatest Story Ever Sold by Frank Rich
Lessons for Dylan by Joel Siegel
Scraps: Adventures in Scrapbooking by Wendy Bagley
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby (one book I should prioritize)
The Children’s Jewish Holiday Kitchen by Joan Nathan
The Ultimate Reality Show by Clay Jacobsen (already read this and it was written by a friend of mine.)
Hand in Hand (a book I remember as a kid and it took me years to track down. Thank goodness for ebay)

And a large pile of scrapbooking idea books and magazines that I’ll get to eventually but those don’t really count as “real” reading.

So there you have it. Eclectic and full of wishful thinking. Hope I have time to get through some of these in the near future.

I tag Sonia, because I know she reads regularly. Alli, if she feels so inclined. And anyone else who actually reads consistently. What’s on your nightstand??

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, August 11, 2007, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Greetings from Albuquerque! That's quite a list! I recommend starting with the Time Traveler's Wife - great book, fast read, you'll really like it. It would've been on my list, but my copy was loaned out to somebody else! More from me on the flute convention later. Hope all is well with you!

 
At 12:27 PM, August 15, 2007, Blogger Sunshine said...

I'll do this one next week, I won't have time to think about anything besides a good tag with school starting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home