Thursday, November 22, 2007

Scrapbooking, Props and Being Grateful

Yeah, I know. Another week in the abyss of no blogging.

I had a lovely weekend (well, day and a half) scrapbooking with some of my girlfriends. We were in Irvine near two great scrapbook stores and it was nice to get away and not have any time limits. Well, I had to come home Sunday morning instead of dinner time but still I stayed up way too late the other two nights. I got my Hanukkah cards done, four presents (can’t mention in case they’re reading) and 7 page (5 LO’s). I’m pleased with how they came out. I’ve scanned a few and I need to tweak them and then I’ll post for viewing, if anyone is still out there. It was great to get away with my friends and get to know S better. What a cool lady! I had a great time being roomies with you!

Been working a bit and that’s a good thing with the WGA strike in its 3rd week. I worked on a Comedy Central special last week. I worked on “The Next Great American Band” this week. Next week, I work on Hollywood Week auditions for “American Idol”. I wonder if I’ll be able to spot some of the singers who could go far. Next weekend, I do the AKC Eukanuba National Championship Dog Show again. I did it last year and it was really fun. I’m looking forward to it. And then one more episode of the Band show.

I did get a different phone call about a week ago. A producer/director I work with called me to ask me a question. I’ve worked with him several times and I do my best to stay out of his way. He can be a little nutty (well, can’t we all?) so it’s just easier to only speak when spoken to and because of that, he loves me. Well, at least he likes me and calls me first when he needs an Associate Director. I’ll ride it as along as I can. Anyway, he called me (didn’t think he knew my number) and asked if I was ever interested in being a Coordinating Producer. I told him I was still trying to get this AD thing down. He responded that I’ve already mastered that which was very nice. I told him that thanks to him, I’ve been working (since he’s hired me several times this year). He went on to say that he thought I’d be great at doing all the many things needed to be a producer. I told him that it wasn’t something I was really interested in at this time but I really appreciated him thinking of me in that way. He mentioned another person we’ve worked with who’s now a full time producer and he said to let him know if I ever changed my mind. Like I said, he’s a bit nutty but this conversation was not what I expected. I will admit, I was actually quite flattered. It was a huge compliment that he thought of me as capable in that capacity. Maybe he sees me as capable and yet not threatening to him being a producer. I don’t know if he had a specific project in mind which is why he asked but Eether way, I think it was a compliment. I hope he still likes me as an AD. Anyway, it was kind of a warm fuzzy for me.

It’s still warm weather here in So. Cal. While I’m thrilled that it’s eggnog latte time, I can’t get into the thought that Hanukkah is in 2 weeks. Oy. And I love Christmas/holiday music and my beloved XM radio started playing holiday tunes starting the first of the month and added the other 5 stations this week. They’re even doing a Hanukkah station starting on December 4. Can’t wait to see what they broadcast there. Other than Adam Sandler’s 3 versions of “The Hanukkah Song” and I’m sure some Klezmer versions of “Rock of Ages” and “S’vivon”, I can’t think of too many Hanukkah songs. I starting listening to the holiday channels this week but it’s hard to get into it when it’s 80 degrees outside.

Since it’s Thanksgiving, it’s time to take a moment and realize what I’m thankful for. I’m thankful for my amazing husband and beautiful daughter. They bring me joy and unquestioned love every single moment and they are my whole world. I’m thankful for my family - my parents, my sister and her family, and Gregg’s family. We have our wacky moments but they’re always there for me and for that I’m extremely grateful. And of course, my friends near and far. I’m blessed to have an amazing circle of friends from work, from growing up, from scrapbooking, from C’s school. I feel like I have so many best friends, all from different areas in my life. I love you all and couldn’t possibly get through the day without each and every one of you. I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy, stomach popping Thanksgiving surrounded by all those that you love.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, November 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day my friend! And how very cool about that unexpected phone call!

 
At 8:41 PM, November 23, 2007, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Hope you had a wonderful turkey day, and are feeling better. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

 
At 7:28 AM, November 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the unexpected phone call but I know that it is sooooooo well deserved!!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving J!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home