I'm overdoing it
I've officially hit my wall, lost the plot, stick a fork in me, done. Not with the pregnancy but with all the running around. I'm freaking exhausted and it's once again as I write this. There are NOT enough hours in the day, in case you didn't already know that. I realize some of my time problems are self imposed but still, it all really got to me today.It started with picture re-take day at school. Since I'm in charge of the yearbook, I had to supervise the photos. That only took an hour so it really wasn't a big deal. I came home, wanted to spend more time cleaning and organizing the Snoopy room (aka Boo-Boo's room) but only had about an hour before I had to take off again. I did get the trash out of there, just a few more things to do which honestly should only take an hour. Then I had to get going to make the first of my two trips to the Westside today.
For those who aren't Los Angelians, that means at least a 1 hour drive across town to go to some doctor's appointment. This was my nutritionist for the Gestational Diabetes follow up plus seeing yet ANOTHER DOCTOR who specializes in GD. Once I got there, bottom line, my numbers aren't great in terms of being controlled by diet. They're a little erratic, still only a little over where we want it to be but diet is not doing it for me. By the time I saw the doctor, I was short on time before I had to leave to pick up C from school (remember over an hour drive back). This didn't start off so well with the doctor since I should've gotten yet another ultrasound. But we chatted it out, talked all the medical history and what this all means even without the u/s. It looks like I"ll probably have to go on some form of diabetes medication for the final 7 weeks, until the Boo-Boo's are born. But where I totally lost the plot today is with the concept that I just can't add a 3rd doctor to my schedule. I drive once a week as it is to see the OB and the perinatologist, I simply can't add a 3rd. I don't have it in me. Tears came to my eyes. I couldn't take it anymore. I don't care which two doctors I go to, but I can't do three on the other side of town. The one good thing to come out of the chat with the doctor is that they can monitor me like the perinatologist AND with the GD (which the peri's office doesn't have a GD specialist) so that means I can eliminate that doctor, probably. I'll go see my OB next week and talk it all down, but boy, this totally set me over the edge and I was really down. Okay, and let's not even talk about the fact that I left my house at 11:45A to make the 1PM appointment so by the time I got home at 4PM, I hadn't eaten anything either. It was not a good 4 hours for me.
Then I was home for about 90 minutes before I had to go back to Culver City for flute choir. And of course I had to get gas or I wasn't going to get anywhere. I know I probably shouldn't be going at this point because it's just too tough but I've committed at this point so I'm doing my best to follow through. I know I can't do the Southland holiday tour that we always do. I need to remove myself from that. I doing my final scrap hurrah on Saturday so I wanted to do some organizing for that. No time for that so far so tomorrow will be crazy trying to pull stuff. I'm volunteering in C's class which will be fine (it's not like I can do any errands before I get out at 10AM anyway). Gotta run to Costo to pick up some photos I sent for printing, need to go to Target to get donations for Mitzvah Day for Sunday (but G may be doing that) and oh yeah, tomorrow is Trick or Treating so from 5P-9P is booked with that. See? There just aren't enough hours in the day. I won't even discuss that my cold is still lingering and my ankles and thighs are pretty much the same width. I know the swelling is bad when I take off the big clunky Crocs and they've left marks on feet. It was a sucky day.
I'm going to sleep. Hopefully, I'll get about 6 hours of sleep. After all Scarlett, tomorrow is another day.
Oh, might as well give you all something to smile about. Here's the latest belly pics.


And finally, courtesy of C the photographer





3 Comments:
Juls, it's okay to slow down on flute choir. We love you and will miss you but totally understand - you're having twins soon! I had no idea you were down on Thursday, and hope you were at least able to have some fun. take care of yourself. We're excited about the babies, and just want you to be well. Talk to you soon.
You know, you *could* let one of your friends "ahem" HELP you...it's not like we're not offering!!! (((Hugs)))
Sooooo cuyuuuuute!
Post a Comment
<< Home