Thursday, October 16, 2008

Number 2 of...

Update on the Boo-Boo's. First of all, they've been extremely active. Especially Baby B on my right side. Last week when we went to my OB, she was able to see Baby A with its arm across its head. And Baby B was sticking its tongue out. She was going fast so we only saw the open mouth part but clearly Baby B is going to be my trouble maker. As long as they sleep, I don't care. C is still a lousy sleeper that we're determined to change with these two.

I also seem to have slight gestational diabetes. Grr, very annoying. I had to take the 3 hour glucose test a few days earlier which was such a time kill. When I saw my doctor, she told me that I was only like 6 points over which means she has to tell me that I'm borderline. She totally thinks that I can be fine with some dietary changes but I still have to go see a nutritionist tomorrow. So one more schlep to the Westside (actually I have to do it twice tomorrow but that's a different issue because of flute choire) to have someone tell me what I can and can't eat for the next 9 weeks. I figure if I just eliminate soda (which I have) and crap candy (candy corn and others with corn syrup), that should help a lot. Yeah, I know, I'm a bad eater.

Today, C and I went to see the perinatologist. She was very nice to C and gave her copies of these same ultrasound pictures and wrote a little "Hi C from Baby A" and "Baby B" note on each. It was very cute. C wants to put them in her scrapbook. Anyway, the Boo-Boo's are doing fantastic. I'm at 27 weeks, 5 days and they're measuring at 29 weeks. And yes, those are measurements for singletons. They're both about 3 pounds which is also really good. So I've got some superbabies in there. I would say I'm a little concerned about birthing these "big" babies but we all know that they'll run out of room soon enough. As long as they're healthy and clearly they're happy, then all is going well.

Here's the latest photo ops.

Baby B who was being way more photogenic today. Can you see the profile?


And here's Baby A who wasn't interested in posing but with two, we have to have equal time so this one's a lot less clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home