Number 1 of...
Oh, I've got so many things to catch up on but I'll so one at a time so your eyes don't pop out of your head and my fingers don't cramp up.Last weekend, I had the great opportunity to go away for my best scrapbooking weekend ever. My amazing friend G organized Inspiration Unlimited which was two days of workshops with three of my favorite teachers out there - Teresa Collins, Janna Wilson and Layle Koncar. I can't tell you how many classes I've taken from all of them so when UI came along with all three in one place, well, I wrote G a check on the spot. I drove out with L, S and B and we had a great time with GREAT company.
Friday was a day of Make & Takes. Those are quick little projects that show off a great technique or a new way to look at something and it's done quickly. We made a great project with an acrylic ring. A super cool project with dog tags which my mind is spinning with ideas on how to make more. An adorable Halloween mini-book created by Teresa with her fabulous Halloween line of papers which used the Bind-It-All. And I loved B's chipboard "Boo" pin. It was a great day, full of inspiration. I have to say, I didn't sleep well that night as my mind was spinning with ideas. Here are some of the cool things we created.
Saturday was 3 - 3 hour workshops, one taught by each of the fabulous teachers. We started with Teresa's "Observations" album. I actually finished this one with all the photos but I still need to do the journaling. As always, Teresa's albums are fantastic and this was certainly no exception.
The second class was taught by Layle. This was "This is What Makes Me Happy". I did the basics of this album since I didn't bring any photos but this one I can't wait to finish. I've got lots of ideas to fill this one up. I've taken several classes from Layle at Scrapbook Expo's and they've all be terrific. I love Scenic Route paper but for some reason I can't figure it out. So when I take her layout classes, I get SR in my scrapbooks and she's given me the inspiration. This project was no exception. Beautiful paper (which I also won a paper pack - woo-hoo!) and a great album, when I finish it.
The third project was taught by Janna who I've also taken 2 or 3 classes from. Her creativity is beyond amazing. She comes up with ideas that are 3-D and so different. This one was definitely technique driven. We sewed these flower things, which nearly killed me since I cut the fabric wrong, but it really was a cool technique. I'd be willing to try it again when I've got more patience. I think there was an element of brain overload by the time we got to this. But still, the project came out great and C loved it too. We also have the goodies to make 3 layouts so I'm excited about that too.
After dinner on Saturday, we finished up our projects. G and the teachers had arranged a HUGE array of prizes from so many manufacturers we lost count. I won a couple of very cool things including paper packs, a Scor-It template board and a beautiful charm bracelet. I didn't participate in the charm swap since I'm so not that creative but the woman who organized it, also had everyone make an extra charm which she used as a fundraiser for the John Tracy Clinic, which, of course, is a wonderful organization. She was doing a raffle/fundraiser with the charm bracelet as the prize. Layle picked out the winner and she picked my name! I was so darned excited. S participated in the charm swap and when she got her pile of goodies it was amazing. Everyone did such a beautiful job and I envious, not that I could create anything like that. So it was even better than I won a charm bracelet for myself. It's certainly a treasure and a treasure of my IU weekend. Isn't this beautiful?
Once it all wound down on Saturday, we went to the bar at the hotel to get a drink. I was happy with my two nice, cold O'Doul's although I would've preferred my "venti lemon drop martini". I don't think those come in virgin form so the near-beer would have to do. Other than being exhausted and on brain overload, I had the best weekend. I can't wait for next year. Yes, I know I'll have the Boo-Boo's but I'll make it work somehow. It was so worth it, I wouldn't miss it again for the world. Thanks G for the best, most creative weekend I've ever done.
And a few other pics. Here are me with my girls. How did we miss a photo op of the 4 of us with B, I'll never know...
Me and Teresa (I soon will be able to do an entire album of me and Teresa pics from all the classes I've taken from her)
Me and Layle

Me and Janna





2 Comments:
Gosh you're creative! I'd like a lemon drop, too please. Let's set that up when you're legal again!
Can't wait to see you in flute choir!
how fun! i can't wait for a glass of wine in a few months!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home