L'Shana Tova

Happy New Year to everyone who celebrates. Hope you had a nice holiday with family. We had a quiet day and went to children's services which were very nice. Saw lots of friends who I hadn't seen in awhile for various reasons and they all enjoyed the big belly.
One of the things that I really enjoyed seeing this year at services was how C understood what was going on. She knew the songs and at one point, the songleader was singing a song about apples and honey. C and her friend S (who goes to kindergarten at one of the local temples) said "I know this song in Hebrew." I liked how they didn't even know it in English. It's very cute to see all the kids (we were sitting with two of C's closest friends) sing all the songs and the prayers. In fact, C came into our room yesterday morning (we were still power napping) and of course, starting playing with something. Then she stopped for whatever reason, put her 3 fingers to her forehead and said the Sh'ma. She sang the whole thing by herself. I don't know if she's been taught that that's the prayer you say when you rise up in the morning but it was so cute that she just did it. Glad to see that paying for private school is paying off in some way. It was really inspiring actually.
Again, L'Shana Tova. May this be the start of a very sweet new year for one and all. And thanks Uncle M and Aunt L who always send us the yummiest honey from a farm in Washington (or is it Oregon?) Regardless, it's something we look forward to every year and we love it.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home