Happy Telethon!

Here's my annual Telethon check in. We're in Hour 5 on our rundown, but we're running so long, we should be in Hour 6. We're about 41 minutes over. I could explain it but I don't think most of you care. Put it this way, we'd have to drop an entire hour worth of programming to get back on time, and then we'd still be about a minute over. You can thank a lot of people for this overage - a couple of performers, hosts and Jerry Lewis himself.
I'm not staying up all night this year because of The Boo-Boo's. As soon as we start Hour 7 and the Universal Cheerleaders are done with their performance, I'm going to sleep and will be back at 8AM. Of course, I'll probably get that break around 1AM. Still, better than being up for 30 hours total at this stage of the game.
Here are some photos I promised to post of C with Jerry Lewis when she gave him her tzedakah (charity) money. She saves her money and for the second year in a row, decorates a jar and gives her tzedakah savings to "Jerry Lewlis" to help his kids. This year, she saved $36 and then hit up a few people in the production office so the total she gave to JL was $53.04. So here are a few photos from the moment when C (and her parents who had to do the talking since someone got shy) spoke with Mr. Lewlis.

Trying to escape from the clutches of a crazy man.

And driving Grandpa's little cart. And believe me, she was doing all the driving.

If you don't feel that you want to pledge to MDA, I understand. We all get hit up for a lot of worthy charities. But just be sure to give your kids an extra kiss and hug and be grateful that we're all blessed with beautiful, healthy children.
And enjoy the day off!





3 Comments:
Love the fact that you blogged during the show! So proud of little Miss C and her fund raising efforts this year. xM
That's awesome...
Is it bad that I didnt even notice Jerry Lewis? I was so focused on that cute prego belly of yours!! I think that is great that C saved up her money for charity that is awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home