I hope I'm not speaking too soon....

Yeah, I know. Two weeks. It's been a crazy two weeks around here. Came home from Las Vegas where we raised a record $65+ million for Jerry and his kids. Well, we raised it for MDA. JL was in rare (read nasty) form so it made for a very difficult show. We all work so hard and have been doing this show for many, many years and we do it for a reason. Sure, there's a paycheck but we're all willing to work 30+ hours of the show plus the 18+ hour days leading up to it because, even in a small way, we know we're helping raise money for a terrific cause that helps so many people. And we want to do what we can in our own small way. So when something like this happens (mean people suck) it's just a little discouraging. So it's been a little tougher to recover emotionally from since some of us feel so beat up. Still, it was a very successful Telethon for MDA and that's really all that matters.
C started kindergarten the very next day. Photos are on my home computer so I'll post accordingly when I get home. She's got a wonderful teacher, all her closest girlfriends are in the same class and it's just going to be a great year. I'm so happy. I love that I can email her teacher and just be in better touch. Her teacher last year was fabulous as well but she's not of the email age so even for little notices, it was a little harder to communicate. Her teacher this year, Mrs. L (we now call our teachers by their formal names not first names) is just so terrific. She loves her kids and it totally shows.
Now, we've been in school for a week and guess who comes home last Wednesday not feeling so well. We thought it was a touch of heat stroke when she was warm that night but oh, silly parents that we are. We had a full fledged fever going on. Her temp during the day was near normal but somewhere around 3P, the fever would kick back in and we're talking in the 103 range. Other than Tylenol to make her more comfortable and lots of water and juice (as much as she'll drink) that was pretty much all we could do. Poor thing. We finally called the doctor on Sunday who said the same thing but switched us to Motrin since that seems to last longer in keeping the fever down. And if she still had a fever to bring her in on Monday. So, while I was at work, G brought her in yesterday. She had a 102 temp when she got there (just to prove that this wasn't a fluke). Thankfully, everything checked out that her lungs, kidneys, etc were all clear she's just got a virus that this fever is fighting. If she's still fevering by Wednesday, then we'll go back for blood work to see what's causing it. But, without wanting to get ahead of myself, I think we may have *finally* caught a break. She had her fever in the afternoon. G gave her Tylenol when they got home but she's been cool since. Hallelujah.
C slept the whole night in her own bed. The last few nights, she's been sleeping in our bed and me her bed (we're not wanting me and the Boo-Boo's to come down with anything) and G's been dealing with lots and lots of discomfort and tossing and turning. But she made it until 6:15A this morning in her own bed which means she slept through the night. Yippee! And even better, when she came into our room, she was still cool! Even bigger YIPPEE! That means she's been fever free for over 12 hours! I'm running with that. I hope it holds today and maybe she can go back to school tomorrow. And tomorrow is only a half day so that might the perfect way to ease back in to the routine. Cross fingers. It's been a really long 6 days with a poor sick kid. Poor girl. She's done really well overall but it's just so uncomfortable and you feel awful when you see your kid feeling so crappy.
And today is the "Big Brother" finale. I hope Dan wins. He's played the best, most "strategical" game and certainly one of the top BB players ever. I have money on Memphis so I won't win (unless something really weird happens) my share of the pot but I'm ok with that. Dan deserves it way more. But, in an interesting statistic that appeals pretty much to only me and those who work here on BB, in my 5 seasons on BB, I've selected the 1st runner up 3 times. I picked Ivette for BB6, Erika for All-Stars and now Memphis. Close only works in horseshoes and if you're the 1st runner up in a pageant and the winner can't fulfill her duties. Oh well. More fun facts filling up my gray matter.
But it's my last day of work for potentially about a year. BB has had huge rating this summer and we've been told to pencil in next summer. That makes me happy. I love working on this show on every level. Fun show, wonderful people, and it's just so nice to be here so I'm already looking forward to coming back next summer. We'll work it out with the Boo-Boo's then. They'll be 6 months old so that's do-able for 1-2 days a week. And I'm looking forward to the down time over the next few months before the babes arrive. I've got a lot to organize, clean, purge in my house. I'm actually looking forward to not having much on the calendar other than driving to school and doctor appointments.
Speaking of my doctors, we go see the perinatologist tomorrow for another ultrasound. I'm in my 23rd week. They're kicking up a storm so I know all is good. I keep grabbing C's hand to put it on my belly but she keeps saying she doesn't feel anything. I don't think she understands the "bumps" she's supposed to feel. But they're only going to get bigger and stronger so she'll figure it out. She's still constantly talking to my belly. Whenever I walk in it's "Hi Mommy! Hi Boo-Boo's" as she kisses my belly. We're so lucky that she's so excited.
And I need to do a little shout out to G. He's been amazing these past few days with C being sick. First of all, I've been working finishing up on BB so I haven't been around as much but he's been there, tending to C's every whim and whine. He's dealt with the doctor and hasn't slept much as she's been tossing and turning and awake every 20 minutes throughout the nights. He's pushed me to sleep in the other room so I don't catch anything. He's been just amazing. So I publicly post here that I owe him whatever golf indulgences he wishes for the next year. He had to cancel playing yesterday so we have some "make up" golf to attend to. I love you and all that you do for C. G, you're an amazing Dad (and husband too)





1 Comments:
Yay! for G! and for the big break and C feeling better. You are just full of good news in this post.
Post a Comment
<< Home