I'm very lucky
Yesterday, I went to another one of G's amazing crops. They're always SO much fun, with good friends and G is the hostess with the mostest. Like I said, there's always fun to be had but we're also always spoiled rotten with goodies, freebies and prizes. I went to her last crop in June with C and back then she said she wanted to go to this one, but I actually needed to get stuff done so I went with my dear friend W. We live about 5 minutes from each other so the car company is great too. We sat with S and B so we had a great table. I was able to get a bunch of stuff done which was nice for a change. I wish I had more time to scrap or more motivation but I really need to give up on that idea for the foreseeable future. And I still have my "I must purge" mantra in my scrap area which might help my cause. I did come up with an idea for a purge which I might have time to do but otherwise, I'm paralyzed in that room which is why I've been ignoring it for WAY too long. But I digress...I got a mini-album done for my DT (which I'll post there in the next few days and I still need to do one LO) and I got 10 pages done. Some were kits that were about 1/2 done and put on the pictures but I got a few pages done from scratch. There's one I wasn't all that ga-ga over when I finished it but I looked at it again today and I really like it. I love scrapping with W because a - she's one of the most amazing scrappers I know and b - she always helps and encourages me to be a better scrapper. I wish I had her dedication to actually make time to scrap every day. I'd get a lot more accomplished and it would probably be a great stress reliever/outlet for me. Another goal for the future.
Why am I lucky? Well, there are many, many people and things in my life that I am grateful for, but I'm extremely grateful that I became a scrapper 5 years ago. I watched "Scrapbooking" on DIY network and thought it might be a fun thing to do. I took a beginner class at an LSS and my whole world changed. About 8 months later, I contacted the girl who was the teacher and she turned me on to the Foxy Croppers. She's since left the group but through FC and a few other places, I have met some of the most amazing, creative women you could possibly imagine and many have become my inner circle of my closest and best friends. I can't imagine what my life would be like without any of these inspirational and diverse women.
So yesterday at the crop, I get called over to one part of the crop room, where all my girlfriends threw me a mini-baby shower. OMG! I was so humbled that they'd take the time to spoil me, G, C & the Boo-Boo's, I can't even describe it. Two ladies took photos so hopefully they'll send them on to me so I can post but I'm telling you, I was spoiled. First of all, yummy heart shaped brownies baked by SW and a cake that B brought. Not great for the GD but who cares. Then, I got wonderful pressies from SC, W, G and G's mom. We got many of the things we registered for - some cute outfits, crib sheets, a yummy blanket, baby bottles and binkies, kits to do the baby handprints and more. I didn't expect any of this so it was an amazing surprise. You girls made me feel SO special and I can't ever thank you enough for that. See? Like I said, I'm VERY lucky.
Changing topics. Today was Mitzvah Day at school. It's an annual even throughout Southern California where many of the local temples and Jewish day schools get together to do projects (aka mitzvahs) to help other. This year, at school, we donated books and a soccer ball to help kids, we made get well cards for kids stuck in the hospital and we wrote letters to troops overseas. It was a nice day and even writing one letter made me feel like I did something nice for someone. I hope it brings a little smile and inspiration for whoever receives it. But the exciting thing at school was the official ceremony to celebrate HW being named a National Blue Ribbon school. Only 139 schools in the entire country were selected out of several thousand that applied and of those officially recognized only 3 were Jewish day schools. It's quite an honor knowing that we're in the top 10 percent in the country and clearly tops among private schools. Makes me proud to be involved and knowing that C is getting a great education there. Oh and it was really sweet that C's old reading buddy from last year, who has since graduated, was there and they gave each other big hugs. Another nice thing that this school. They instill values in the kids so that it's cool for an 11 year old to be happy to see a 5 year old. Her name is also C so the two of them were very happy to see each other.
Here are a few pictures celebrating Mitzvah day. Here's our wonderful new Head of School with the official Blue Ribbon plaque.

They handed out blue M&M's with HW on them. That was fun for the school to do for everyone.

And the National Blue Ribbon flag.





1 Comments:
Aww...man..I'm sorry I missed it...sounds like you had fun. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home