Wednesday, February 11, 2009

7 week check up

(Note - this has taken me two weeks to write. I keep starting and getting interrupted, so many apologies. I've been trying but yeah, well, what can I say? Another on the list of excuses)

We took the girls yesterday for their 7 week checkup. They're doing well overall thank goodness. M is currently weighing 8 pounds, 2 ounces. She's barely on the charts at the 5th percentile. H is weighing 7 pounds 10 ounces and she's not on the charts at all. Considering C was usually in the 80 percentile and above, it's comical that these two barely register. It's not like I'm not feeding them. The doctor isn't worried since they are going up, even if it's low on the chart. They're both 21 inches so they are growing and we're pretty much growing out of the newborn clothes. I've pulled out the 0-3 month stuff. Oh, it goes so fast, sniff sniff. LOL.

We went last week to take pictures for Valentine's Day. Yes, Araxi took AMAZING photos which I haven't gotten yet (ordered but not received). I wanted to to photos for G of his girls. So without further ado, here are our girls on February 13. C is almost 6 and the babies are 8 1/2 weeks.

C and her sisters H & M
H, M & C

M almost holding her head up.

H, by dumb luck holding her head up (M is stronger in that area at the moment)


The big sister C

M&H looking cute with their binkys.


Bonus picture of #1 cuteness.

Update on the soccer debacle. After talking it over with C, as predicted, she wanted no part of being on a team where she didn't know anyone or know the game. I spoke with another mom from school who's putting her son and daughter in soccer this spring through the Y. It's very loose, kids are there to have fun, run around and learn. Nothing hard core. G spoke with the guy who's in charge who confirmed the "kids just wanna have fun" philosophy and since the two kids are signing up, C will have two friends she knows playing. We'll sign her up there and see how it goes. At least it gets her out and active a little bit. I probably am putting too much thought into this but I know C (and most of you out there do too) and know that she's not the most outgoing kid until she's REALLY comfortable in a situation. For her, comfort is key and just one familiar face makes all the difference for her. When we went to summer camp last year, one of her teachers happened to be the bus driver on our route. That's all C needed so when she went on the bus for the very first time and saw S driving, C jumped right on and said "Bye Mommy! Bye Daddy!" like it was something she's done her whole life. So doing soccer with these two friends will be terrific. I'm looking forward to it and I hope she enjoys it.

Finally, off to post this. Let's see how it dates itself. I'm posting on 2/21/09 even though I started it two weeks ago.

1 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, February 24, 2009, Blogger Terri said...

that's just an adorable picture of her holding her sisters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home