Six Months and Soccer
M and H are six months old. Can you believe it? I sure can't. They're quite adorable if I say so myself and generally they're good girls. What are they doing these days, you may ask? Well, H decided to find her voice today and was quite the little screecher. Generally, that's M's domain but H was chattering away. Basically, they're happy girls with lots of smiles. They're mostly sleeping better. H is a great little sleeper. I start the bedtime routine around 7:15P and she's easy to get to sleep and she basically stays asleep until morning. They've been waking aroud 6AM which isn't my finest hour but she's getting a good 11 hours in a row. Wish I could do that. M, on the other hand, is channeling her big sister's sleep habits. As soon as I get H down, I work on putting M to sleep and she wants no part of it. It's not unusual that she's still awake in the 9PM hour. It's killing me and for those who ask why I'm up so late, that's why. When it takes 2 hours to get three kids to bed, only then am I able to get on the computer for the first time in the day. It's been suggested that we let M cry it out and she's certainly at the age where that would be appropriate but there's another person in the room so we can't let her scream endlessly or there will be two kids screaming, which has happened and it a joyous time all around. Both are lousy nappers and it's certainly not for lack of trying. And they're both clearly teething so that adds yet another fun element to their disposition at any given time.Today we pulled out the "circles of fun". M is physically much stronger so she's able to be in it and have a little bit of fun. H's not there yet but she will be. We go to the doctor tomorrow for their 6 month check up. I'm looking forward to see how their weight gain is coming along. They're definitely fattening up and are getting those rolls on their thighs.
M enjoying the circle of fun.

Look, we're 6 months old!

Hey look, what's this?

It crinkles and makes noise

I wanna try too

Soccer. C survived her first, and probably only, soccer season. We signed her up and wanted her to understand the commitment to the team plus perhaps run around a little bit. She complained a little at the beginning but overall enjoyed the experience. She probably won't do it again but she did complete the season. She certainly understood the rules and all the concepts Coach J was telling her. She's the first to correct when we give her wrong information. She actually can kick the ball well and hard, she was just a little lazy when it came to running and keeping up with the ball. But to her defense, it was a co-ed team and some of the boys are just more aggresive to get "in there" with the ball. C ended up playing goalkeeper a bunch which she actually enjoyed. Okay, probably because it required minimal running around but she wasn't a bad goalie either.
This looks impressive doesn't it? The teams were 5-6 year olds but there weren't enough kids on the last day so a few older brothers played.

Hanging with her good friend S. They were on the same team, except for that last day with the lack of players.

Hanging in the goal.

Goalie kick

C's big accomplishment was the trophy at the end of the season. She's so proud of it as she should be. I hope she always keeps it as a momento. I personally never won a trophy growing up (probably because I did nothing sports related) so I think her trophy is pretty darn cool. And she was clearly proud of herself.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home