Friday, July 24, 2009

Can I just say...

That there are some really cool things about Facebook. Sure, there's tons of crap and all the requests to water my garden or feed my animals or stuff like that get overwhelming but those are just minor complaints. (actually the real complaint is that each and every time you "accept", it takes you to the application. You can't accept multiples and that's what's annoying - but I digress). The fun part of FB is reconnecting with people I haven't seen or spoken to in ages and at particular times in my life, were very significant. I'm in touch with lots of friends from summer camp, which is how I started on FB to begin with. Yesterday, I connect with a friend T who was really one of my closest friends from camp for 3 years. One year she didn't return and we lost touch. Today, I connected with a family friend who's known me since I was 5 and who my family considers family. It's been about 6 years since I've seen her so I was thrilled when she sent the friend request. I have all sorts of corners of my life, past and present, that are represented in my 400+ friends on FB - camp, high school, elementary school, flute, scrapbooking, work, family - and I love each and every one of those connections.

The babies are now 7 months old. How the heck did that happen? I'll post the official 7 month picture tomorrow since it's still in the camera at home, but this has been a big month of changes for them. They're now sitting up on their own. Playing with lots of toys of course. M has tendency to take things from H which we'll have to make sure doesn't get out of control. They're both sleeping quite lousy lately since they're both teething. Everything goes in the mouth to chew on but I don't feel any points yet. Sleeping is still an option and we're losing ground. We're giving a little slack because of teeth and we can't control them waking up screaming with pain but we've got a lot of work to do. I refuse to have two more lousy sleepers like their big sister. The other big change is they're now eating real food. We started with (after cereal) carrots, then butternut squash, then sweet potato and then avocado. Carrots were ok. They loved the squash, sweet potato was eh and avocado was a big hit. Now we have to work on the next veggie to introduce. One or two more then come the yummy fruits.

So without further ado, here are some of the latest and greatest pics of the girlies.

Doesn't M look small in the high chair?


H in the high chair. She looks pretty little too.




Mmm, avocado...





M & H with their cousin/my niece L



Daddy with his two little girls

M & H with my nephew S. Don't they look adorable??

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, July 24, 2009, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

They are too too cute...I definitely am baby deprived...and yes I know where to find them! Hee hee..just give them to Auntie Lisa for a couple nights and I'll have them sleeping.

 
At 5:58 PM, July 27, 2009, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

BTW..I left you an award on my blog...maybe it will get you to update with some new pics of your cuties..;-)

 
At 6:06 AM, July 29, 2009, Anonymous Maria Hammon said...

HUGE congrats Juls! So very, very awesome news.

And thanks for sharing the pictures. I cannot believe how big the twins are right now! Wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home