Yay for me
I've been a proud member of the Directors Guild of America since 1992 and I've been involved in the Associate Director/Stage Manager/Production Associate Council West pretty much since the time I joined. I am currently the 1st Vice-Chair of the Council and I've been the 2nd Alternate for our category on the DGA National Board for the last two years. On Saturday the 25th, it was the DGA Biennial Convention where the new officers and board are elected and once again, I have the honor of being elected 2nd Alternate on the National Board. I couldn't attend the convention because of work and apparently, there was a drop of controversy when our spot came up and another member had his name put up for nomination. My name came up next (although our strategy was for my name to come up first) and good friend seconded my nomination and sung some of my praises (two sources confirm this). The other member then withdrew his name and I was elected. It's an honor to be on the National Board and I need to make more of an effort to get to know people so they can associate my face with my name on the letterhead. That gives me something to aspire to.
On to posting pictures, which is really why anyone reads this thing anyway, if anyone is still out there. Here are the 7 month pictures of M&H. This was a big change month as the girls are now sitting up on their own. They're reaching for everything. They're grabbing things out of each other's hands. They're definitely teething although I don't feel any points yet. They're not going to sleep on their own. We're going to talk to a sleep consultant to try and rectify that. I can't deal with three lousy sleepers. Once they're asleep they generally stay asleep but the going to sleep process is ridiculously brutal. And crying it out with two doesn't quite work. One goes to sleep and if the other were to cry it out, we'd have two up and crying in no time. Anyway, here's the latest and greatest.
Look who's 7 months old...
The Official 7 months of H
The official 7 months of M
Of course, what's a lot more fun is playing with the papers.
And here are just some adorable pictures of the adorable girls. How stinking cute are these girls??
And we took the girls into the pool again today. Just to prove that M enjoys the water, here's a smiley girl in the pool.
Soon to come, C is about to lose her first tooth. She's the last of her friends to lose a tooth so it's getting exciting. She's got the adult teeth in on the bottom but, according to the dentist, those baby teeth are quite secure and happy so that the adult teeth aren't forcing the baby teeth to get loose. He told us he'd probably have to pull them but I don't want her first tooth to have to be pulled. If others have to come out that way so be it, but she should experience the first one coming out naturally. So the receptionist and our friend who works in the office, told her to eat apples, and hard stuff to pull on it and to wiggle the tooth so that it comes out on its own. It's working because we're close to having it come out. Stay tuned...





3 Comments:
Those girls are so cute, and wow, getting big! Good luck with the consultant and keep us posted! Yes, we're still here!!
aWww..they are so cute. And you can save the money with the sleep expert...I think after three kids of my own, I seriously could contend that I *am* one, ROFL. Happy to give more of my 3cents if you want it. You might not like what I have to share, though you can pay someone for probably the same advice. ;-)
Congrats on the nom and appointment. You deserve it.
Now onto those adorable girls. Simply precious. I especially like the pic where they are playing with the paper. Such lovely smiles.
Miss you all.
xM (M and S)
Post a Comment
<< Home