Saturday, August 15, 2009

You know...

I thought I had blogged this but I suck and I didn't. Does that surprise anyone? Is anyone out there? Okay, it's 3AM so I'm going to finally post but I'm hopefully going to type fast.

Two weeks ago, C went on the overnight at camp. Sounds great, all good. But this is the child that has never spent the night on a sleepover, won't spend the night at the grandparents and showed NO interest in doing so, especially when we thought it would be fun when the babies were born. So when she said she wanted to go on the overnight, you could've knocked us over with a feather. She was going to go with one of her best friends from school so more power to both of them. We bought her a sleeping bag. C and L assured us that another friend Rosie was going and they were all going to sleep in her tent. Great! So we pack her up and she was so excited to go. We go the next morning to pick her up, she's got a HUGE smile on her face and the first thing out of her mouth is "I want to go on the next one". The only hitch was that Rosie was a no-show for this overnight so the girls slept outside under the stars on the grass. Other than being damp when they woke up, they had a great time. And it serves us right for listening to a couple of 6 year olds and believing them.


Dissolve to tonight where C, L and the famous Rosie (she doesn't go to their school) are at the overnight again. G bought a tent and went to camp to set it up for them. They set themselves up, put their sleeping bags in and they're probably having the best, and probably drier, time tonight.

That Saturday, two weeks ago, when C came home from the overnight was also another momentous day. C lost her first tooth!!! We were so excited. She's one of the last of her friends to lose a tooth and she's got the adult teeth coming in on the bottom. When we went to the dentist a few weeks ago, he said that they wouldn't come out and he'd have to pull them. He said the adult teeth were coming in too far back (think two rows like shark teeth) and her baby teeth were quite strong and anchored so they weren't going to move. We started to tell C to start wiggling so it was great that the first one came out. If she has to have others pulled in the future, so be it, but I really wanted her to experience losing the first one on her own. The tooth fair came, after C wrote a note, and left her 3 $1 coins. C was very excited. Now we have to work on getting that other tooth next to it out. It's a little loose but some wiggling is in order.

The toothless wonder...


And here's two shots that I wanted to share. The first was from last week when 4 of C's friends came over for swimming after did Summer Sounds at the Hollywood Bowl. They were jumping and jumping and jumping and dumb luck, I captured this moment. Came out pretty cool.



And I came home from dropping C off at the camp bus last week and found this. Love these cuddling sleeping shots. The girls were SO comfy with Daddy.



Camp reunion is tomorrow. Can't wait for that!

3 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, August 16, 2009, Blogger Just Me Again said...

Juls, those pictures are AWESOME! All of them! And that one of daddy with his two babies, just priceless! :D

Thanks for sharing and happy Sunday!

 
At 12:42 PM, August 16, 2009, Blogger Erica said...

Loved the pics and the post. So glad that I stopped by.
Erica

 
At 10:40 PM, August 17, 2009, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Awwwww great updAte!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home