10 Things That I recommend
This is making the blog rounds so here's my attempt. I hope I can come up with 10. Here we go, in no particular order...1. Not the right season I know, but Egg Nog Latte's at Starbucks. I'm not a coffee drinker but this is the perfect combination.
2. Massages and facials. I haven't done the latter in way too long but there's nothing more relaxing than an hour (or preferably more) of pampering. I feel so relaxed, clean and totally ready to deal with the real world
3. Los Angeles Kings hockey games. Okay, I'm biased to my boys since I've been a fanatic for 30+ years. And while they have their sucky moments, there's no other sport that's more fun to watch in person than ice hockey.
4. Australia. I know this is an expensive recommendation but to quote a slogan from years ago it's the "best place in space". Sydney is the most beautiful city, GREAT food, amazing people, gorgeous beaches, outstanding wine, awesome weather, great shopping, lots of scrapbooking, I could go on. There's no better city in the world in my opinion.
5. XM Radio. The best thing ever invented. 200 channels of everything you could possibly want to listen to. Current channel favorites Big Tracks channel 49, The Ed Schultz Show Noon-3P on channel 165, Broadminded on channel 155, Highway 16 (country music) channel 16 and even Headline News on channel 123. Oh, can't forget some of the hockey shows on channel 204. I haven't listened to regular radio in over 2 years since all the music channels are commercial free. That totally rocks!
6. Chocolate. What's life without chocolate? Personal favorites include Hershey Kisses, Guylain shells, Violet Crumbles, Malteasers, York Peppermint Patties.
7. Tivo and/or Replay. We have both in my house. Both have their pros and cons but they're both awesome, must have inventions. Not sure I need to admit this but we have about 14 episodes of the final season of "NYPD Blue" (yes it's been off the air for a year) that we haven't seen yet but won't delete until we do.
8. Disneyland. Nothing better than a day at the Happiest Place on Earth. It's even better now going there with a child. Much more fun.
9. Grey's Anatomy. The best show on television. Jumped on the bandwagon this season so I need to get the DVD of the 1st but it's the best written show on TV. Others not to miss are The Office, McLeod's Daughters (my Aussie soap fix), Survivor and Amazing Race.
10. My Ipod. I have the very original 5GB ipod that came out 5 years ago and Gregg just bought me a 2GB Nano for going to the gym. There's nothing better than knowing you have 10 days worth of non-stop music to listen to. I've been downloading songs for years (before I even had the ipod) so I've got a huge collection and it's still fun to add to the mix.
There's something else that I've always said that "you should do once in your life" but of course I can't remember it. I'll post when/if I do.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home