Sunday, March 05, 2006

78th Annual Academy Awards

Well, another spinning gold thing and we're done with the major crush of awards shows, thank goodness. We went to the annual Oscars party at my parents' house. It was a smaller crowd than usual but still fun. I filled out my ballot and I actually WON the pool this year. Everyone puts in their $3 and the one with the most wins and the one with the least gets their $3 back. I got 20 out of 24 correct. What's even more hilarious? I saw ONE Oscar nominated film and that was "Wallace & Gromit". I've only seen one non-animated film in almost 2 years (that being "Rent") so it's positively hilarious that I got 20 right when I saw basically nothing. I even screwed up and clicked "Enron" instead of the no-brainer "March of the Penguins" in the documentary feature category. I've never done that well before. At least the money will go to the digi camera fund which we're really close to making the purchase. I'll try not to spend my $39 in one shot.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger yezenia said...

Not too shabby. I really need to catch up on my Oscar movies this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home