Saturday, March 11, 2006

It snowed!!

Okay, it really hailed but darn it there was stuff on the ground. In my 37 years of living in California, I don't ever remember hail much less anything sort of accumulating. It melted pretty fast but there was definitely little hailstones on the ground PLUS a little mound of "snow" at the bottom of the slide. I even took some .mpg video on my camera to catch the noise outside. It was really loud. Gregg even threw a "snowball" at my car when Carly and I were going to a birthday party which was about 1 mile away and they didn't get hail at that point. Oh yeah, and it really is freakin' cold here. I didn'tn hit 50 degrees which for So. Cal is pretty darn cold. Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.

This is from my bedroom window when the hail first started coming down around 10:45AM this morning. Yes, those streaky things are the hail coming down.


Pile of snow at the end of the slide



By the pool


Our rose bushes


At the bottom of the slide at 5:30PM! Yes, it never melted throughout the day.


Onto other topics, yesterday, Lisa and I drove down to Scrapbook Oasis for a class with Teresa Collins. She's so awesome. So nice, so talented and low key. I've taken 3 or 4 classes from her previous and it's always such a pleasure and such a great class and a COMPLETED project. What a concept. I totally want to take her album track when I sign up for CKU-Albums in San Jose. Anyway, here's some pictures of the Wood Box Album project. I used photos from when we went to the Santa Barbara Zoo in January.



3 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE that project Juls!!! Its fantastic! Ok those pictures are crrrrazzzzzy I cant believe how cold it is either and its MARCH!!

 
At 1:34 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG Juls that project came out adorable!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger yezenia said...

I freaked out with the hail. I'd never seen hail here, at least not that I recall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home